Any good suggestions for Klipsch RP-8000F speakers

I'm new to the high quality audio scene but I've always fancied myself a fan of music (particularly loud music). Anyway I've recently decided I want to get some standing floor speakers, and my budget around $750. Someone in reddit referred a post - https://bestwirelessbluetoothheadphones.com/audio/best-floorstanding-speakers-under-1000
and he said Klipsch RP-8000F is the best in my budget. I am completely unknown about Klipsch speaker, can anyone tell me, how will be decision. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello.

First time posting, so apologies if I mess up. I have a pair of Klipsch rp-8000F that I bought brand new in March 2023. I only use them for music and are connected to an Emotiva XPA-200. I have been noticing since May(ish) that when I play music at high volume, the sound fluctuates. It get louder or lower randomly. This is pretty annoying to me and I am at a loss as to what the issue may be. I contacted Klipsch and they said the Emotiva does not have enough power to handle these speakers. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, munozoga22 said:

Hello.

First time posting, so apologies if I mess up. I have a pair of Klipsch rp-8000F that I bought brand new in March 2023. I only use them for music and are connected to an Emotiva XPA-200. I have been noticing since May(ish) that when I play music at high volume, the sound fluctuates. It get louder or lower randomly. This is pretty annoying to me and I am at a loss as to what the issue may be. I contacted Klipsch and they said the Emotiva does not have enough power to handle these speakers. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Welcome to the Forum 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, munozoga22 said:

I contacted Klipsch and they said the Emotiva does not have enough power to handle these speakers. Is this possible? 

borrow an  amplifier of another brand  and simulate the same conditions .,.if the speakers are stable , then you have your answer ,  one more possibility  is your amplifier may have a defect and it's not operating correctly 

• Like 1

Check your speaker wire connections. Make sure the wires aren't kinked or cut somewhere along their length.

Does the problem happen with ALL sources? If just a particular source, it could be your patch cord for that

resource, CD/tape/tuner/turntable, is bad.

I did have a similar problem  that turned out to be my INPUT selector switch. Operating the switch throughout

its range would clean the contacts and restore operation.

• 1 month later...

I have those speakers and run them through a cambridge audio AXR100 (100 WPC). 

I see a similar issue at high levels, and wondered if it is a amp protection issue?     I brought it to my office and now it never gets turned up there anymore- I don't consider it a true 100 watt amp anymore...   

I see the XPA-200 is rated 150 WPC @8 ohms with <1% THD making me think it is more of a 100 WPC range. 

Edited by MrT58

On 10/20/2023 at 5:55 PM, munozoga22 said:

Hello.

That sounds like a protection circuit activating.  That amp has more than enough power at 150 watts/ch.  It's hard to diagnose from a post, but I'll bet the tweeter protection is saving your tweeters. 

Turn down the volume.  All things have a physical limit.  You've found one.