K904-LF-N potential for sale

Hilltoppa

Horn lens or lens is often misused when referring to a horn. I think carlthess40 means horn. 

Here's an example of a JBL acoustic lens:

JBL.thumb.jpg.0a66db9d3ec99a65d0b9d13c6e7df750.jpg

Thank you for the correction on the terminology. After 40+ years of tackling with Speakers a lot of my friends here down south of, custom to calling them now lens when no compression driver is on them and when it is a complete set of the horn in the compression driver, then and only then do we call it a horn. That’s just me and I’m usually wrong in my description of things anyway so no big deal on my end. It’s all good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

IMG_0219.jpg.404349e0398b771966310db844bbd1da.jpg

Visit went well. They are a staright up seller. The equipment is stored indoors in a clean, well lit facility.  They are not a reseller - The company upgrades movie theaters - not just the sound systems but the entire theatre. This storage had some speakers from a few of their theatre redo's.  I misunderstood that these would be trashed if not sold. They have had them for a while.

The do not always save speakers - it is easier for them to demo them.  Had good discussions and hopefully they realize that there may be some money in saving them.  Talked a lot about the horns and drivers.  They did not have any Klipsch horns. Told him about the 402 and 501 and he could probably sell out all that he could find. They will keep that in mind going forward.

The 904's were in pretty good shape overall. Dusty and nicked up like you would expect but not beaten up. Inside looked very good and the few woofers I tested  (just with a battery) worked fine.  Coils had free travel.  Some of the speaker wire boxes were busted up a littlle and would need to be replaced.  The crossovers in the box looked good on the ones I bought. Again - dusty but no livestock signs. They had about 20- 904's still there.

I bought 2 - 904's and 2-480"s (for under my Lascalas)

The majority of the speakers were JBL's.  I bought 2 - 4722 HF setups with everything except the horn drivers for a very reasonable price. Gonna compare with the 904 once I get it put together. 

Overall a great trip - wish I could get more but don't have room. Jarred will keep me in mind when more equipment comes in 

Price list is above.  The top JBL line if for the 2374 horn and driver fo the 3722 JBL speaker.  He listed it by driver number.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good luck dealing with this guy. Talked back and forth with him for a week. Offered to buy all of them and he's pretty much not given a crap. Refused to give me a phone number to talk to someone. He pretty much ignored me for about a week when I made several attempts to set up time and place. You'd think someone offering to buy over 20 speakers would get a little more respect and attention. He doest give 2 craps about selling them. 

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Send me a PM.

I can't, I just made a profile here and I'm limited on sending message because it tells me I'm allowed to send 0 messages a day 🤷. If you could email me at ande2888@gmail.com that would be awesome! 

36 minutes ago, Dan A said:

I can't, I just made a profile here and I'm limited on sending message because it tells me I'm allowed to send 0 messages a day 🤷. If you could email me at ande2888@gmail.com that would be awesome! 

Will do.  Probably tomorrow.   In the mean time keep posting.  I think 5 posts and you can pm.

• 3 months later...

Update: I went and visited Jarred yesterday and purchased 2 904s.  Very nice guy, easy to deal with.  Apologized for his lack of response at times, he works full time and travels a lot for work.  In addition, he has had over 100 replies to the ad, and around 10 actually show up.  Remaining are 13 KPT-904s, various parts 904 bins (missing one woofer, busted connector panels, etc.) 4 KP-480 bass bins damaged or incomplete, and one KPT-684 sub.  All are in pretty good shape, a few bumps and bruises to the cabs.  TONS of JBL gear left as well, I was only interested in Klipsch so did not look over much or count.  Also had 3 or 4 EAW subs (15s or 18s) and EV DH1A driver on some sort of horn, and probably some stuff I am forgetting.  He does have an 11 foot tall IMAX light up poster display board, a must have for any home theatre.  (You’ll have the only one!). I took photos of everything mentioned here and am happy to share with any interested party and get you in contact with Jarred, if you are a serious buyer.  

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Amphicar said:

and EV DH1A driver on some sort of horn

Glad you scored the 904's! Did these EV's have a double bass bin with them? If so most likely the 940D which is ummmmm a KILLER speaker. That DH1A driver is outstanding.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Glad you scored the 904's! Did these EV's have a double bass bin with them? If so most likely the 940D which is ummmmm a KILLER speaker. That DH1A driver is outstanding.

Yep, double bass bin.  I figured the driver and horn would be great, but he only had 1 so I passed.  Can’t remember how much he wanted for it, but it wasn’t a lot.  Looked in good shape, aside from the dust.

38D4F97C-11B6-4E61-91C0-15EE78B07200.jpeg

B8B04DE1-5569-4BAD-8D0F-7146A78586E6.jpeg