SOLD: QNAP Network Storage (Music Server)

rplace

Not sure if there will be any interest here so I'll keep it brief. I'll update as needed based on interest.

For the past several years I have been using this QNAP TS-219P II as Networked Attached Storage (NAS) for all my music and movies stored on my home network. The only reason I'm selling is because I've upgraded to a 4-bay QNAP. A 2-bay NAS is perfect for running RAID 1 where two drives are mirrored. Meaning they have the identical data on them. If one drive fails all the other data is redundantly stored on the other.

Both drives are hot-swappable....you flip a lever on the drive caddy, pull the bad one out and put a new one in. The redundant drive copies all the data back to the new drive and you are back in business never having any down time.

$100 PayPal Friends and Family shipped to your door.

EDIT: This is for the QNAP NAS hardware only no hard drives are included. Accessories like drive caddies and power cord are included. Everything that was included when new is supplied.

QNAP info:

https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/ts-219p ii/specs/hardware

Oh sorry, I should have mentioned no drives are included. There are so many variations on drives (speed, reliability, size need, cost, etc.) that these are rarely sold as a package. As an aside you typically would buy enterprise quality drives for as NAS over "PC" type drives....but lots of people use basic drives in a NAS. Personally I want to put it in place and forget about it.

I do have two identical 3TB drives that I suppose could be added. PM for details.

@joessportster I used 2 X 3TB drives because at the time that was an insane amount of storage and the 3TB drives were pretty expensive. It will do RAID or JABOD (Just a bunch of Discs). So my guess would be that you could put two 8TB drives in it, not use RAID and have 16TBs of total storage...but you should verify that.

For all interested. This is basically a small, self contained computer. And like all computer stuff they change quickly. It has served me well for the last 5-6 years but realize this is not the state of the art for 2021. Like most of my gear, I buy pretty good stuff. This was a nice piece of kit when sunk 100s into it. Now it is just sitting on a shelf, I'd like to see it get some use beyond the graveyard of old gear.

For a point of reference a current 2-bay QNAP of about the same quality would run $325-375 + tax/shipping/etc. today. Obviously it would be like buying a new laptop today versus one that is older. Newer, faster, cheaper. And by cheaper I mean price and quality. I was surprised how much more beefy the drive caddies are on this old one compared to my new one. The new ones are like fragile, plastic toys.