Replace brass jumpers?

AndreG.

• Klipsch Employees

I will buy lunch for anyone that can PROVE the jumpers and wire are different and the wire is better.   Voltage transfer, acoustic measurement, blind listening with switching, Note from your Momma....ok, not the last one, but you get the point.    insert little yellow button

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Another point I would like to discuss with all of you ...If the Bi Wireing with seperate jumpers are nonsens and not audible at all, why in hell 98 % of all  loudspeaker manufacturers in the world market are installing these Bi Wire Terminals with 4 Binding post in their Speakers ? I mean they can save material / production / design costs to make a simple 2 way Terminal instead.

It's to placate audiophiles and marketing:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Trey Cannon said:

I will buy lunch for anyone that can PROVE the jumpers and wire are different and the wire is better.   Voltage transfer, acoustic measurement, blind listening with switching, Note from your Momma....ok, not the last one, but you get the point.    insert little yellow button

Instead, why don't you prove (since you have all of that fabulous lab gear, and no handheld meters), that the wire isn't better?  Please post your results.

• Like 2

Yes, let me try this "little bit of tinkering" @Shiva :emotion-21:, i have most of the needed parts lying around here anyway. I´ll post my findings; these will be highly subjective of course, i can´t measure but using my ears.

A very controversial theme, i see. Thanks for Your input Guys.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Another point I would like to discuss with all of you ...If the Bi Wireing with seperate jumpers are nonsens and not audible at all, why in hell 98 % of all  loudspeaker manufacturers in the world market are installing these Bi Wire Terminals with 4 Binding post in their Speakers ? I mean they can save material / production / design costs to make a simple 2 way Terminal instead.

Fwiw,  some people like to put a different amp on the tweeter/LF driver  and if they change the crossover it makes sense. Otoh,  I think Klipsch does it because Audiophiles expect it on a quality speaker and it dresses up the lower end models to impress newbies who think they are getting an Audiophile speaker. Of course I could be even more cynical and say that speaker wire mfgs compensate klipsch to do it. ;)   That's my take.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

If it's done right, then they are not biwiring terminals, but biamplification terminals. That is to say, the internal LF and HF crossovers are electrically separate, so you can use separate amplifiers for the LF section and the HF section (both amps fed the same input signal; the separation occurs in the onboard crossover). If someone chooses to biwire (only one amp feeds LF and HF sections by separate wires) instead of biamp, that's their business.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Trey Cannon said:

I will buy lunch for anyone that can PROVE the jumpers and wire are different and the wire is better. 

To take that one step further, I suspect that you could substitute a ½Ω wirewound resistor for one of the jumpers and most people couldn't hear the difference.

EDIT: And among those who could hear a difference, about half would judge that the resistor sounded better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe a statement like, brass jumpers sound better to me than solid copper dedicated jumpers, a way to flush out the difference of opinion.

If solid brass, is the conductance better than copper another?

And, what if any psycho acoustic bias comes into the matter as to the choice.

If it sounds better to you, with the copper, then it is better.

May not be the reality but, if you think so well, it is.

Hope this is confusing.

• Like 2

• Klipsch Employees
On 4/12/2021 at 11:56 AM, jimjimbo said:

Instead, why don't you prove (since you have all of that fabulous lab gear, and no handheld meters), that the wire isn't better?  Please post your results.

I would have to go to the lab in INDY to do that...then someone would scream that I didn't have a mask on and I would have to kick someones ***. 

I am working on a testing rig at home...once that is up and running I hope to do just that. MAYBE point out all the YELLOW BUTTON stuff.

• Like 1

As the OP is a german guy , it could be that the sense of mentioned brass isn´t the same that you might understand. If you translate brass from german to us english than it has two meanings, on one hand brass is a sheet metal ( Plate ) on the other hand brass as material .  

• Like 1