Surround Speaker Stands Suitable for a Heresy III

sixspeed

Just wondering if any of you guys are aware of surround speaker stands that are suitable to hold a Heresy III or any Heresy for that matter?

I currently use a make shift multipurpose rack cart on wheels for my rear one, but looking for a more permanent solution long term solution when I have more Heresy's back there. Currently the height to the base is 40" from the ground and looking for something that would be about the same, 36-40".

All of the surround speaker stands that I see basically all look suited to much smaller bookshelf speakers. So if anyone is aware of stands that can hold a Heresy sturdily and around 36-40" high, please let me know!

Thanks!

six

Some of us have made our own... not hard. Mine are simple 4 post on corners... the dimensions are sufficient for my subs to sit in the bottom... Velodyne DD10 subs. Others have placed the posts more in the center which looks even better but looses the ability to host a sub in the bottom.  I haven’t seen any commercial stands I liked better than the ones I made. 

2 hours ago, sixspeed said:

Just wondering if any of you guys are aware of surround speaker stands that are suitable to hold a Heresy III or any Heresy for that matter?

I currently use a make shift multipurpose rack cart on wheels for my rear one, but looking for a more permanent solution long term solution when I have more Heresy's back there. Currently the height to the base is 40" from the ground and looking for something that would be about the same, 36-40".

All of the surround speaker stands that I see basically all look suited to much smaller bookshelf speakers. So if anyone is aware of stands that can hold a Heresy sturdily and around 36-40" high, please let me know!

Thanks!

six

https://www.skylanstands.com/

under my H3

Klipsch Heresy 3 on Skylan Stands.jpg

• Like 2

Very interesting appreciate all the responses and ideas :)

@moray james

That's exactly what I'm looking for. But higher. I took a look at Skyland and those are perfect. I'll reach out and see if he would be able to make me a 36" high one as I have my Heresy now above ear level in the back and I like the effect that provides.

I use Aragosy 360is with my Focal Studio Monitors in my office, and just discovered they have a different 36" model with a base suitable for a Heresy. But I like the quality of those Skyland stands and how they are filled and dampened. Really nice stuff.

Thank you so much guys... this is why this community is the best!

2 minutes ago, sixspeed said:

Very interesting appreciate all the responses and ideas :)

@moray james

That's exactly what I'm looking for. But higher. I took a look at Skyland and those are perfect. I'll reach out and see if he would be able to make me a 36" high one as I have my Heresy now above ear level in the back and I like the effect that provides.

I use Aragosy 360is with my Focal Studio Monitors in my office, and just discovered they have a different 36" model with a base suitable for a Heresy. But I like the quality of those Skyland stands and how they are filled and dampened. Really nice stuff.

Thank you so much guys... this is why this community is the best!

I can tell you right now that 36" won't happen as Noel does not have packaging that size and shipping revolves on how the carton is packed. Folks almost never consider this and a custom pack is simply not worth it. I can tell you that you are not likely to find a better pack job for a pair of speaker stands, Noel has it down to a science.

@moray james

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Indeed, the craftsman ship of those stands looks truly on point.

Shame they can't make them taller but things are moving into place as far as finalizing how I will finish off my heritage HT system, so I may end up being able to utilize the shorter stand size.

Thanks again for your amazing suggestion.

six

Just want add that the Skylan Speaker Stands are gorgeous, I have got mine over 5 years ago for my Heresy's. Other than occasionally dusting they look as good today as the day I received. Plus Nolan of Skylan is a gentleman to work with.

BTW, thank you to Moray for suggesting Skylan to me. Met Moray through this forum, found him to be very helpful and has a wealth of knowledge in audio systems.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk