Palladium P17B, Germany

AndreG.

5 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Billy, i always wanted to ask, why was Palladium discontinued? Was it always meant to be limited? To expensive, didn´t sell the quantity as expected? It was a superb speaker-line, from what i´ve read.

Toyota knew better and created Lexus.  Klipsch was not so wise as the line was intended to raise the stature of all of their Best Buy lines. 

The Palaldiums are similar to the B&W 800 line, but need much less power. 

• Thanks 1

the Palladium  was meant to make a statement that klipsch could make world class speakers to rival other high end brands at a time when klipsch was known mostly for the Heritage line   -

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, AndreG. said:

Billy, i always wanted to ask, why was Palladium discontinued? Was it always meant to be limited? To expensive, didn´t sell the quantity as expected? It was a superb speaker-line, from what i´ve read.

Klipsch may be the best to answer but, you could be correct.

There seems to be quite enough sold to the point of popping up in places around the USA and Germany.

Not known to me personally the number but, will say that besides any member here, it was not broadcast on the forum every unit or system sold worldwide.

It would still and does command respect and certainly has high WAF appeal, would like to think.

Yes, higher end price for home audio by Klipsch.

Think that had the line been released recently, they would be a sensation for even more now than  ever.

Their monetary value remains solid.

Thanks!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

the Palladium  was meant to make a statement that klipsch could make world class speakers to rival other brands of high end speakers at a time when klipsch was known mostly for the Heritage line  , payed off with the evolution of the new klipsch speakers -

Other than us, Klipsch was actually known for their Best Buy speakers. 

Of course they can make a world class speaker, but the audio snobs would never accept this.  I love that a company like Eggleston constantly on the verge of Bankruptcy can make a world class speaker accepted by the audio snob community, but a very well financed company like Klipsch cannot in their eyes.  Klipsch probably has test equipment worth more then the entire operation of the boutique manufacturers. 

Weird hobby we have, I don't like to play the game.

10 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

And i was mistaken, i think. Just took a look at the Klipsch Homepage and they are still sold

the Palladium speakers , entire series ----was discontinued by Klipsch  in 2016 

2 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Darn, haven´t got 800€ lying around, somebody lend me a few bucks!!

No really, if i had the money, i would... I would like to audition some Palladiums, wonder what they sound like.

They sound absolutely spectacular, especially with the matching sub. 

How much is that in USD? 2000 here in the US for a pristine pair.

• Like 2