3 Zone Pool/Patio electronics

wstrickland1

Just picked up a pair of AWR 650 Rocks to add to my 2 pair of AW 650 wall mounts. I want to create 3 separate zones. I was thinking hard about a receiver here that does have 3 zone capability but in researching realize it's not quite as refined for that purpose. I found a product from OSD, an SRT4. It looks to check all of the boxes for me.

Do any of ye have experience with this piece of kit?

We did something similar in 2016 and use a dedicated Denon AVR X6200W HT receiver to control three zones. Has worked great and gives the ability to play the same source through any combination of those three zones or a different source in each zone.

For music, we use a Chromecast Audio for each zone. For video, a DVD player and Chromecast with Google TV device are connected to the receiver.

Everything is controlled through the Denon Remote app and the specific music and video subscription apps. We use an android tablet to control everything.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 4/11/2021 at 7:34 PM, Peacemaker said:

Denon AVR X6200W

Looks to have been a pricy unit.  But if each zone can be controlled as mentioned along with digital sources, that is a win.  My Integra doesn't have that option, here is the route I took. 

Integra zone 2 out to Parasound zamp V.3 running a pair of KSB 1.1s, daisy chained to another Zamp running another pair of KSB 1.1s, daisy chained to another set allowing a total of 3 zones.  Upper deck, lower deck, and garage.  Now zone 2 is analog only, so that leaves DAC input, Radio, and Phono. DAC and Radio are the easiest 2 to controlled via phone app.  However, I couldn't turn each zone off individually, so the 12 volt out from AVR was a no go.  I purchased 3 12 volt wall worts, spliced in the connection to each 12 volt in of each amp.  Plugged each wort into a smart outlet strip controlled via phone app.  Yup  its seems wonky, once working, it has proven well.  I recently purchased a Marantz SR5015, so not sure how it will all work.

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Looks to have been a pricy unit.  But if each zone can be controlled as mentioned along with digital sources, that is a win.  My Integra doesn't have that option, here is the route I took. 

Integra zone 2 out to Parasound zamp V.3 running a pair of KSB 1.1s, daisy chained to another Zamp running another pair of KSB 1.1s, daisy chained to another set allowing a total of 3 zones.  Upper deck, lower deck, and garage.  Now zone 2 is analog only, so that leaves DAC input, Radio, and Phono. DAC and Radio are the easiest 2 to controlled via phone app.  However, I couldn't turn each zone off individually, so the 12 volt out from AVR was a no go.  I purchased 3 12 volt wall worts, spliced in the connection to each 12 volt in of each amp.  Plugged each wort into a smart outlet strip controlled via phone app.  Yup  its seems wonky, once working, it has proven well.  I recently purchased a Marantz SR5015, so not sure how it will all work.

The way my yard/pool and NEIGHBORS are set up I need volume control for each zone. Since I have a great 6 channel amp for the job it would be stellar to have an app controlled preamp that worked well. The SRT4 would fit the bill but it seems that app is a ways off from what I would consider good (for me). The unit appears to be a bit flimsy as well. I may just go with 2 zones until I can find a decent 3 zone networking receiver for a good price. 

19 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

Since I have a great 6 channel amp for the job it would be stellar to have an app controlled preamp that worked well.

That is one dilemma I do have, no individual volume control.  I do have it setup up that nothing is over powering.  

I just ordered a new Marantz AVR that has HEOS. One thing lead to another and found this HEOS drive zone amp that looks pricey, but once price come down $1000, it may be worth it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Denon-HEOS-Drive-HS2-Multi-Room-Streaming-Amplifier-Black-/174684545086?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...