ElectroVoice Georgian

Crazy Racket

Long story some tragedy but a lot of joy with the speaker it's like it dropped down out of the time machine it's as close to perfect as you can get I suspect it was built by a professional I see they used a Brad nailer and I believe in the 50s they didn't have electric ones so it was somebody with pneumatic tools. Joints are all perfect. If somebody here would like it I need to pass it on. I paid $850 for it I've never seen one even close to this condition for 30 years. 848HF compound coaxial, 15W, T35, X336. More pics on request. Never let your vinyl go, dijitteral is just that.

5B0F208B-91D8-43F5-91F0-1E6036CFAC9D.jpeg

CD38901E-B159-45CE-B43D-F4CF25F047D0.jpeg

F12CC0C3-DB6B-4B93-A37B-1E12F1D59054.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

93013, I lined The inner bass cabinet with sound deadening and decoupled the horn with closed cell foam. Tighter, deeper louder bass, cleaner mid, it is amazing how vibration can cause such sonic degradation. This image uploader never works right. jahwind@icloud.com for pics.

EEDF672D-B237-4746-84C3-12CBA387F0B5.jpeg

Sorry for the late reply I don't get notifications even though I'm signed up for them . I'm 90 miles from LA, 93013. I was trying to take a reading of the DC resistance on the woofer and The meter swings between two and six ohms, i'm not sure what that means maybe somebody could help me out here it's been a long time since I messed with any of this stuff and I forgot, but at my age I forget most everything anyways

84E5837A-BCC9-49B7-A3BF-225C71C12C5C.jpeg

EV published the DIY plans for the Georgian and sold drivers for the enclosure.  The woofer should be a 15W K, the K is stamped into the rear badge for Klipsch.  The DC resistance is 3.1-3.3Ohms.

The issue with these old drivers is the voice coils are fragile and can't take much heat.  They're tube era drivers.   The Georgian was EV's version of the Klipschorn which they licensed from Klipsch to produce. 

That is accurate. I've heard a lot of people say something different let that be a lesson to me. my fifth ohm meter was the charm and it read 3.4 ohm DC resistance. And I checked it on a known resistance and it was accurate to 0.1 ohm. 
The badge on the back of the woofer was missing. 

On 6/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, Crazy Racket said:

93013, I lined The inner bass cabinet with sound deadening and decoupled the horn with closed cell foam. Tighter, deeper louder bass, cleaner mid, it is amazing how vibration can cause such sonic degradation. This image uploader never works right. jahwind@icloud.com for pics.

EEDF672D-B237-4746-84C3-12CBA387F0B5.jpeg

Please try out the image / picture hosting site in my signature below.  You can do as many pics as you like, and it only takes a couple of seconds to use.  I only say this because I would really like to see all of the pics you have of this speaker!