Veneering Speakers

neosoul

I used woodworker supply.......They have the regular contact cement kind and also the iron on type. I have used both and both work good. Im buying hickory veneer from amazon currently for my kitchen cabs. im veneering. 

To trim excess i have found that using razor blade knife and scoring it from back side works best. Sometimes if you try to cut it it follows the grain and takes to much off. 

Get a package of those wooden skewers from grocery store to lay down. So you can lay the veneer on them and pull one out at time to use roller to press veneer down. 

Well after further research it seems that I should be looking at real wood veneer. After watching some youtube videos I think it would be best for me with my limited space & clumsiness to go the professional route.  Don't want to risk damaging my quartets. What I will do is check around locally to see if I can find a veneer I like. Thanks guys for your replies.

Well after further research it seems that I should be looking at real wood veneer. After watching some youtube videos I think it would be best for me with my limited space & clumsiness to go the professional route.  Don't want to risk damaging my quartets. What I will do is check around locally to see if I can find a veneer I like. Thanks guys for your replies.

Edited by neosoul
Duplicare