Uh - Vintage Conrwalls for $4999?

Limberpine

Apparently "vintage, all original" is the thing now and people are willing to pay top price for it.  I was told if my Cornwalls would have been untouched with all original components, they would be worth twice what I was asking/sold them for. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Limberpine said:

Just came across this: https://skyfiaudio.com/collections/speakers/products/klipsch-cornwall-vintage-speakers-in-oiled-walnut-1977-survivor-pair

Its at a shop, so I figured it would be more than out in the wild, but that seems like a ludicrous price for these? Maybe I'm missing something?

How is it possible... untouched.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Apparently "vintage, all original" is the thing now and people are willing to pay top price for it.  I was told if my Cornwalls would have been untouched with all original components, they would be worth twice what I was asking/sold them for. 

This is the question I asked you, for which, I received no response.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

This is the question I asked you, for which, I received no response.

The question didn't need to be asked as mine were not original as mentioned in thread.  Even all that being said and as I explained to someone who told me my speakers weren't worth a cent as they did not contain the original components, even if i was to replace them with the original K-33s (that I could have probably purchased for under $500), I don't believe they still are worth 2k.  Ironically, I believe I traded you those K33s for the Eminence Kappas that were in the Cornwalls. 

To answer your question, as someone had mentioned, I needed to move on.  Still crying today as those Cornwalls were somewhat special to me, one of the best sounding speakers out there (regardless of mods), and the wife even liked the looks (Yes the new ones are growing on her, but she really liked the cane on raw birch).  Still crying here, but fortunate/grateful to own Cornwall IVs (another one of the worlds greatest speakers)

Bottom line, anything is worth anything that anyone is willing to pay. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Limberpine said:

Just came across this: https://skyfiaudio.com/collections/speakers/products/klipsch-cornwall-vintage-speakers-in-oiled-walnut-1977-survivor-pair

Its at a shop, so I figured it would be more than out in the wild, but that seems like a ludicrous price for these? Maybe I'm missing something?

By this logic, my all original 1977 Heresy pair should be worth $2,500.  Anyone want a really spectacular set of HWO for that price?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

The question didn't need to be asked as mine were not original as mentioned in thread.

But of course, we were talking about $1,000 vs. $2,000, not the $5,000 amount in this thread. Plus, I was just trying to help your sale. Like the song says: "Please don't let me be misunderstood."

• Like 1