WTB: Crites Xover for Chorus 2

jfjacques

"the best sound"?  again, how do you know this??  have you compared any or all of the options out there compared to stock mylar klipsch caps???  & even if you have done A/B blind tests of them all its just your subjective opinion... please stop telling everyone what you THINK is best.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

the best  sound  for a Chorus II remains a klipsch crossover with new Klipsch capacitors from  blah, blah, blah

This is none of your business, again, and you are thread crapping in the Garage Sale, again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

klipsch OEM capacitors sold by JEM are the Best --   https://jemperformanceaudio.com/

please read the 2nd question in my post & answer it with some kind of evidence to back up your claim... until then youre just being a fanboy repeating what you read with zero testing or proof.

im not knocking jem caps but claiming they are the "best" when youve never even compared them to other mid range to upper end caps is pure-----  :pwk_bs: 

10/34000   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 6:28 PM, jfjacques said:

Any chance anyone did the Crites crossovers and then upgraded beyond that to the ALK, etc... looking to update inexpensively if anyone has any kicking around! 

Do you need complete xover or just the capacitors?

1 hour ago, jfjacques said:

Prefer complete I am not confident in my soldering skills 

Ok,  I have some Dayton audio caps for chorus II. When I got my II's bought  ctites cap kit and didn't know they where already rebuild with Dayton audio caps. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 6:45 PM, A1UC said:

Looking for a pair or two of globe 46 tubes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

might want to post your own wanted ad, not in a thread about chorus xovers

On 5/18/2021 at 5:12 PM, RickFL said:

I was going to replace the caps on my Chorus II but  replaced the tweeter diaphragms

(from Crites) first and decided against changing the Xover. No soldering needed.

That is what I have done thus far - just replated the tweeter diaphragms  in these and my Academy center and havent' touched crossovers yet. 

I bought a pair of Chorus 2 crossovers a while back for cheap on eBay to try out in some Cornwall cabs I play around with.

Figured I would put new caps in while I playing around. 

The crossovers didn’t come on the terminal cup so I put them on a breadboard afterwards. As a sidenote if you go this route try to find non-ferrous screws (pending on these...).

The toughest part of replacing the caps was actually removing them from the boards. Once you get that out of the way and bend the leads with a pair of needle-nose pliers they snug back in the board soldering is a snap.

Had to stack a couple caps on end to squeeze them in the board. 

854FB28A-34CC-4132-A01F-1B3345EDDCAE.jpeg

• Like 1