Klipsch - Cinema Active System Settings

mikebse2a3

Since there appears to be an increase in the number of members enjoying the Klipsch Cinema Systems I thought the following information could be a benefit to at least serve as a starting point with the understanding that some adjustments will probably be needed when the systems are installed in a typical home listening room.

miketn

Klipsch Cinema Active System Settings (Quad, Tri and Bi-Amped Systems)

Klipsch_Cinema_Active_Settings_March_2014.pdf

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

So Mike attached is my three-way setup. I have been tinkering with this for a while with a dbx 360 venue processor. For the mids and the tweet I was using the included passive crossover. Yes behind the screen as you know.

My end result has been satisfactory  it I'm yearning for better.  and I'm going to start over and triamp this system with the dbx crossover again without any included passives.   

Any particular setting you see there that would obviously have to be modified as it is meant to be behind the screen. I've been through several 402 systems and I know that the 1500 Hertz amount of energy is always been hard on my ears. 

Jc

Screenshot_20210522-083344.png

7 hours ago, jwc said:

So Mike attached is my three-way setup. I have been tinkering with this for a while with a dbx 360 venue processor. For the mids and the tweet I was using the included passive crossover. Yes behind the screen as you know.

My end result has been satisfactory  it I'm yearning for better.  and I'm going to start over and triamp this system with the dbx crossover again without any included passives.   

Any particular setting you see there that would obviously have to be modified as it is meant to be behind the screen. I've been through several 402 systems and I know that the 1500 Hertz amount of energy is always been hard on my ears. 

Hey JC

Just for clarity I want to point out that the document I attached in the original post is dated 2014 and I haven’t checked what drivers were being used at that time and would advise a little more research is warranted to verify if these settings match someone’s drivers they currently have.

It’s also my understanding that these settings are a starting point during installation and test performed in the actual location the systems are placed my require changes as needed.

I can’t say any particular setting would be obvious to change JC but I’m sure as your ears have already told you with the passive crossovers that some tweaking will be required.  I can tell you that you can use REW Time Gated measurements in the MF/HF range to get a good picture of what is needed. I generally like to run on-axis curves of each Horn/Driver individually at the mouth of the Horn and also at (1) meter for comparison and I also measure by placing the MIC at a vertical height that is somewhere between the MF and HF driver/horn throat height at (1) meter. [I’ll usually make a scaled sketch of MF horn/driver throat height, HF horn/driver throat height and the listener ear location height along with listener distance from loudspeaker to find the desired MIC height for the combined acoustic output measurements.]  I also find it very beneficial and necessary to use listening test using pink noise to verify filter setting needs based on acoustical measurements because I have often found this can eliminate errors due to the potential that acoustical measurements may not actually capture everything the way we are hearing it due to limitations inherent in acoustical measurements especially if we haven’t recognized the limitations when making the correction/compensation filters based solely on measurements. 

miketn