Walnut Cornwall IV Cat Scratch Repair?

khill

I had a glass top cut for a piece of furniture, and was given some very thin plastic discs, about 3/4 in. in diameter and 1/32 thick. It doesn't slide and the discs are virtually invisible.

29 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I had a glass top cut for a piece of furniture, and was given some very thin plastic discs, about 3/4 in. in diameter and 1/32 thick. It doesn't slide and the discs are virtually invisible.

Marvel, i always wondered, won´t those rubber/plastic discs stick to the finish, given time?

3 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Marvel, i always wondered, won´t those rubber/plastic discs stick to the finish, given time?

I had glass tops before, so I know if any marks were actually left behind they will easily rub out using a piece of a brown paper bag. I have 20 pound marble slabs on top of mine with thin neoprene like pads and have no problems with that leaving marks or sticking either. The protection you gain with a solid surface cover in comparison with an exposed wood surface is hardly worth the argument. The true concern would be subjective to the owners opinion on the aesthetics of added tops. 

• Thanks 1