Is Marantz really this slow?

MercedesBerater

Just curious if anyone (maybe @Paducah Home Theater )  knows what current lead / shipping times are on Marantz gear? 

I ordered a  Pre-Pro AV7706   and   two  MM7055 amps.   the AV7706 is finally back from 'out of stock'  and the dealer has that,  but still no word on the MM7055's......

just getting impatient.   😭

When did you order?  Lots of items are out of stock,  I ordered a dishwasher and  there were 15 coming in towards the middle of May with 100+ people waiting on them.  

I did order a Marantz SR5015 from accessories4less on Wednesday and received it that following Saturday.  Maybe your local dealer ordered theirs later than everyone else?  Have you checked stock at other distributors?  

@The Dude   the PRE-Pro  i ordered months ago -- which that came in.  sweet! 

and the amps showed in stock when i ordered them - 3 weeks ago.  seems like a slow ship for something in stock.  

again -- just being impatient.  

wouldn't be the first time my dealer 'forgot' i had equipment ordered and it was 'found'.   

but i've never ordered anything from Marantz,  i didn't know what a normal lead time was. 

I had a similar situation with a watch I sent in for repairs/refurbishing.  Typically top notch service from this dealer, but not this time.  No updates, no emails, phone calls, nothing.  Every time I called to talk to the branch manager, they were never there. I told the last person I talked to that I needed to hear from him by the end of the day with a resolution as I was told multiple excuses and the dealer kept blaming the manufacture.  Finally I called the manufacture and got the complete story.  It was as simple as being on the phone for 25 mins.  

Maybe try calling Marantz and asking them? 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 8:10 AM, The Dude said:

I did order a Marantz SR5015 from accessories4less on Wednesday and received it that following Saturday.  Maybe your local dealer ordered theirs later than everyone else?  

Apples to oranges.  All their stuff is refurbished.  

• Like 1

And yeah Marantz is really slow right now.  Some things take months.  Strangely enough Denon is significantly easier to get generally speaking, which is strange since they share a lot of parts.  So I don't know.  We basically have to just order a bunch of stuff and hope it comes in some day.  We have no idea when or what order or if the entire order will ship or just a partial, or maybe two entire orders at the same time.... maybe we'll even get a huge order then our card will be preauthorized for two other big orders and max out our card with 6 digits worth of receivers... nobody knows.  It all happens.  Luckily we have a direct account and aren't scared of large orders.  All the small dealers who have been going through distribution and has been counting on their distributor having a few of every model in stock is probably having a real hard time right now, I'm not sure how they're making it.  I do have an MM8077 in stock, haven't seen the 5 channels in awhile.  

• Like 1

thanks @Paducah Home Theater  that makes more sense.  I just wasn't sure if my dealer in Rockford, Il was blowing smoke saying they had no tracking on anything.  They've always been easy to deal with and trustworthy - this experience just seemed  'off'.... but if that's how things are i didn't want to pester them and be 'that guy'  

well my anxiety & impatience  was all for nothing  (again)  

av7706 showed up weeks ago

first MM7055 showed up on Friday, 

tracking shows the second will be arriving Wednesday. 

rack mounts for both mm7055 and for the av7706  are there too.

XLR cables on order  = thursday

and AC Infinity cooling fans = Friday 

and i get a two day weekend this week!  score!  time to hook everything up, route wires nice and pretty - (that no one will ever see) and fiddle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MercedesBerater said:

well my anxiety & impatience  was all for nothing  (again)  

av7706 showed up weeks ago

first MM7055 showed up on Friday, 

tracking shows the second will be arriving Wednesday. 

rack mounts for both mm7055 and for the av7706  are there too.

XLR cables on order  = thursday

and AC Infinity cooling fans = Friday 

and i get a two day weekend this week!  score!  time to hook everything up, route wires nice and pretty - (that no one will ever see) and fiddle. 

Wires have feelings too.

JJK

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Wires have feelings too.

JJK

Check this place out. (FOR A GOOD TIME CALL...) Free printed full catalog with hundreds of pages mailed to you if you want one. They are local to me so I just go there myself. Inside the showroom there are recording rooms, stage equipment, musical instruments, camera, and 3 help desks with actual people who are there to help you with whatever you are trying to do. The warehouse is in the back with another desk. I get speaker wire there because I can get remnants of full rolls at big discounts.

https://www.fullcompass.com/

Welcome to Full Compass Systems, your Pro Audio, Video, Lighting and Musical Instrument experts.

Founded by and for industry professionals in 1977, Full Compass has remained committed to making a full assortment of professional audio, video, lighting and musical instruments accessible and affordable to customers nationwide. From day one, our mission has been to educate as well as equip our customers, by providing expert advice and training on the latest technology as well as support down the road with replacement parts and repairs. After more than 40 years, we have grown to serve your needs, and now stock 700-plus brands and 100,000 products in our state-of-the-art 80,000 sq. ft. warehouse, including live sound and studio gear, video projectors and cameras, as well as guitars, amps, keyboards, and accessories.