It's an addiction. Looking for advice, tips.

Tony A

23 hours ago, Emile said:

Have a Kenwood M2A and preamp C2 hooked up to a pair of CF-3's.  Really impressive :)  and much better than my old Marantz 1152B.

You still have those CF-3's, huh?  Nothing has replaced them yet?  What was it you had before those?  I think I'm about to sell the Belle clones I built as they don't cooperate with my hearing anymore and pick up a pair of CF-3 v1's in satin black that are about 20 minutes from me.  I really miss the ones I had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

You still have those CF-3's, huh?  Nothing has replaced them yet?  What was it you had before those?

Yeah; the CF-3's are awesome ... never found CF-4's :(  Had Fortes before these.  They are just in a small dedicated stereo room ... main room has KPT-904's w/K-510's, Cornwalls and Heresy's :)

Good to hear the RF7 make you happy. I’m considering the RF7 iii myself.

If you go down the MINI DSP route, I strongly advice to get the HD variant. This gives you the opportunity to create a steeper curve at your low frequency cutoff point.

I use two R115SW in my room and have a low frequency and 20hz as cut off point because they are designed to output as low as 18 hz. Trying to let them output below 18hz only generates port noise.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Kamidioblitz said:

If you go down the MINI DSP route, I strongly advice to get the HD variant. This gives you the opportunity to create a steeper curve at your low frequency cutoff point.

I use two R115SW in my room and have a low frequency and 20hz as cut off point because they are designed to output as low as 18 hz. Trying to let them output below 18hz only generates port noise.

Thanks for the advice, exactly the feedback I was looking for in the subwoofer forum.  HD it will be.

I'm confusion....are we talking 2 channel ? Not that it matters but if you're talking 2 channel you're doin music listening. If you're doing music you don't need all that stuff. You need 7's (or good speakers) a decent VINTAGE receiver or pre/amp and maybe a sub. Maybe a sub, with modern electronics for sure. With vintage I don't need a sub at all. For music it won't get much better. I had 10k in a HT that never got close to the musical satisfaction I craved for 25 years (since digital avr's). I now have that for less than the price of one of my rsw 15's new. It's a big rabbit hole I suppose we all need to go into...hey it was fun, just never satisfied for long enough. I could do easy with only my Project One/speakers and internet connection. Only My opinion mind ya.

7 hours ago, AndreG. said:

I think the OP mentioned that he likes to listen to concerts multi-channel.

Yep, me too, as part of my multi channel HT.  I enjoy the video too. I do that in my HT. When I'm in two channel mode, it's music only......It still don't matter, anyone can discuss whatever they want anywhere as far as I'm concerned. I'm kind of a freedom guy........But..if it's TWO CHANNEL you're after, you won't need very many speakers to accomplish that.....

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 11:08 AM, Fish said:

Yep, me too, as part of my multi channel HT.  I enjoy the video too. I do that in my HT. When I'm in two channel mode, it's music only......It still don't matter, anyone can discuss whatever they want anywhere as far as I'm concerned. I'm kind of a freedom guy........But..if it's TWO CHANNEL you're after, you won't need very many speakers to accomplish that.....

Even watching concerts I choose the 2.0 audio option these days.  I'm hooked on 2 channel now.

(4 )15" subs due to the size of the room  and (2) RF-7s driven by an emotiva xpa-2.

RP-8000's are for sale.

• Like 2