WTB KG 2.2 or 3.2 in Oak

Norman Smith

Looking to buy either a pair of Klipsch KG 2.2 or 3.2 in Oak in good condition to add to my audio system. I have an original pair of KG 3.2 that I've had since new but want to add something to the B Channel since I'm in a larger home. Not interested in earlier or late models. 

• Like 1

Absolutely underrated. Have had many so called power house speakers during the 70's & early 80's before I bought mine new. Nothing else touches them sound quality wise. Have them paired up to a Vector Research VRX-7700, which is highly underrated as well. Couldn't ask for a better pairing. Even at a whisper the clarity is outstanding.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Norman Smith said:

Looking to buy either a pair of Klipsch KG 2.2 or 3.2 in Oak in good condition to add to my audio system. I have an original pair of KG 3.2 that I've had since new but want to add something to the B Channel since I'm in a larger home. Not interested in earlier or late models. 

There's a set of KG3.2's here in Utah.  Not sure where you're located but these may be an option.
Klipsch KG 3.2 Oak small tower speakers vintage | ksl.com

16 hours ago, Norman Smith said:

Where are you located?

Lets see if I can answer everyone. First, located just northeast of Binghamton, NY in the mountains with a view to die for. Second, that set in Utah the price is a little much, especially for the condition, I respect that he did the Crites, but the exteriors could be a little better. Mine are near mint, even after 4 kids & numerous cats & dogs over the years, including the current slobbery Newfoundland that's 9. I did found a woman in PA who listed a pair of KG 3.2's & a KG 2.2V in Oak Clear for $300 yesterday. Found that listing this morning & I'm no 2 on the list & hoping the first guy is a no show. The exteriors look real good except for a possible water ring mark on the top of one of the 3.2's. The search continues & thanks for the welcomes to the forum.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 8:32 PM, 314carpenter said:

Connecting the dots. Today, I sat that these showed up in my neck of the woods. Hope the reference helps. I only have a "pair" of KV3 centers in that class, besides the KG 5.5's I have been sitting on. 

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/ele/d/oneida-klipsch-kg-32-speakers/7309886011.html

Thanks for the lead. Looked into it. Would have to have someone else box up to ship. He was willing to drop at a local UPS store & they quoted $200 per speaker for boxing & shipping.  A little much.