Marantz SLT 12 U Linear Tracking Turntable

carlthess40

I may have the chance to get a Marantz slt 12U table

Anyone here have personal experience just one of these? It’s been a while since I’ve been in the linear tracking tables and when I seen this one is quite interesting. But the arm looks like it functions quite clunky , and I’m having a hard time finding info on the setup of these tables. A few videos showing it working. I’m wondering more about of how to setup the arm and R&R the cart and repairs on these beast. Any and all input is welcomed . 640a35606942887b6bc5995a7e3267e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Rarely ran into Marantz linears and when my research did, they had a collectibles price. A video or the manual would be lovely to have but, usually can be figured out, as to servicing.

For a time, almost all had a version or 3.

Just now, carlthess40 said:

He is wanting what I believe is a Premium on the price, but he may be open to some trades for other gear that I have. As he looks like he’s a flipper for audio equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may want a meet listening session. May be worth your time.

• 5 months later...

Many people may not imagine it, but this SLT-12U  is simply the best Marantz turntable and a real gem. You just have to understand how it works. It's a balancing act  with top notch sonic performance if the cartridge is quality (Shure V15 III, IV or Empire  for example). As good as Thorens TD124 with a good arm and even better.

First, remove the belt by disassembling the small chainring "Marantz slt-12U", then remove the chainring.

Second, adjust the base with a real spirit level (not the little spirit level on the turntable). The level must be perfect both lengthwise and widthwise.

Now secure the arm in the black box with tape all the way around the box and reinsert the tray with the belt.

Now you need to adjust the height (about 0.15 -0.19 inch) between the base and the tray with the two wing nuts under the turntable and adjust the perfect level of the tray. 

And finally, you can adjust the counterweight on the arm and try.  

Edited by MISTER K