heresy

PED

Hello, I have decided to try and sell my Klipsch heresys as I have not used them in years. I purchased these new in 1979 I believe. They are in perfect shape. What might they be worth, and what is the best method of selling them. I have no idea if people are interested in old speakers like this. I did see that that still make a new version of these speakers.  Thanks Phil

7 hours ago, PED said:

Hello, I have decided to try and sell my Klipsch heresys as I have not used them in years. I purchased these new in 1979 I believe. They are in perfect shape. What might they be worth, and what is the best method of selling them. I have no idea if people are interested in old speakers like this. I did see that that still make a new version of these speakers.  Thanks Phil

there are 4 versions of the Heresy -1-2-3-4 and you own the Heresy 1 --------prices are usually at the 500$ mark  or more --depending on the condition  --if they are mint 600$ easy -The speakers are worth more with risers ------grilles and badges in top shape -and depending on the finish , if ----any veneers ---

-please post pictures ---and we can give a more precise value -   your location would be needed as well -

Welcome to the forum -----

Thanks for replies. I will get them out of the closet tomorrow and take some photos and see if I can figure out how to post them. They were raw birch plywood  when purchased, and I stained them a walnut color.

I live in Europe and bought a pair of 1972 Heresy speakers. They were not mint, but they look nice after some love & care. They have non consecutive numbers (but the numbers are very close), likely because they were sold by a US Army Base shop in Germany.

I paid €600 for them and have no regrets at all.IMG_20210216_150041.thumb.jpg.a1096bdd21b087d59b7a8e0898ac8f16.jpgPSX_20210410_173901.thumb.jpg.14af03461411490c268ade70b93763ea.jpg

Hello Tinnitus, yes I would be willing but I have no idea what that would cost. Was hoping I might get lucky and find someone fairly close so we could do an in person transaction. I know I am leery of buying something sight unseen, and relying on someones own assessment of what they have.

• Like 1

Thanks PED, I understand your response. The value of Klipsh speakers varies considerably depending on location. If your willing to ship them, you will most likely get a higher price from a broader audience. However,  I agree that a local, in person sale, without the hassles of shipping is preferable. Good luck with your local sale. BTW, the average shipping cost I’ve paid for my last few pairs of Heresy’s has been about $150.

6 hours ago, PED said:

Hello Tinnitus, yes I would be willing but I have no idea what that would cost. Was hoping I might get lucky and find someone fairly close so we could do an in person transaction. I know I am leery of buying something sight unseen, and relying on someones own assessment of what they have.

I sent you a PM. I see you are close to me, I'm in Portland, OR.

• 2 weeks later...