Cornwall 4 in MO. weird story

joessportster

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649731895-klipsch-cornwall-iv-pair-cherry-8-months-old-like-new/

Seller was told his speakers were designated B-Stock due to cardboard box damage 😵  New one on me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As they are obviously B-Stock I think his price is a bit high, but what do I know.,..........................

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DIDYSIS said:

Tags on the back usually say B stock anymore so that would easily tell you if they were listed and sent from factory as B stock

I am not sure that is accurate. If they were returned to the dealer, then the factory would not necessarily be involved. There could be several reasons for a return.

3 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

I am not sure that is accurate. If they were returned to the dealer, then the factory would not necessarily be involved. There could be several reasons for a return.

Just saying,  I mean a dealer or anyone can say what they want about them after the fact but actual B stock production line items get the tag and are done at the factory.   Damaged or other wise mishap items are not actual B stock production.  

• Like 2

If these are B stock ,  someone point me to the defect , cant see it , maybe the veneer  ---either way someone ----grab these  ---they are consecutive serial numbers ----no longer under warranty ----but in great shape ---hey you're saving 2k$  -

20 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

If these are B stock ,  someone point me to the defect , cant see it , maybe the veneer  ---either way someone ----grab these  ---they are consecutive serial numbers ----no longer under warranty ----but in great shape ---hey you're saving 2k$  -

No you are not saving 2K......................B-Stock does not sell for A-Stock prices unless a buyer is un informed,  buying from a less than reputable dealer.   You have been around long enough to know that, The fact that you dont see the defect in pics, does not change the fact that they are B-Stock (apparently someone at Klipsch saw the defect and labeled them as B-Stock).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, joessportster said:

No you are not saving 2K......................B-Stock does not sell for A-Stock prices

-yeah you're right A stock is 6k$ -  

B   stock  CWIV is  4800$  on EBAY -plus  9% sales  tax for NYS  432$ ----

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Cornwall-IVs-Heritage-Speakers-PAIR-B-Stock-2-Speakers-Walnut-Finish/393030499400

5 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

-yeah you're right A stock is 6k$ -  

B   stock  CWIV is  4800$  on EBAY -plus  9% sales  tax for NYS  432$ ----

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Cornwall-IVs-Heritage-Speakers-PAIR-B-Stock-2-Speakers-Walnut-Finish/393030499400

Cory was selling the Cornwall 4 B stock for 4250.00 that was late 2019, IU think the last I saw he offered them now for 4500.00, Tax has nothing to do with the value

Heritage speakers are reliable,  but the new 10 year warranty has a lot of value to me.  Plus I'm OCD when it comes to condition so buying new meant no disappointment.   

I used to work for a company that would open brand new stuff that was not selling and sell it as B stock.   So sometimes you do get a true open box unit.   Sometimes you got something that saw 6 months or a year of use and was repaired and reboxxed....you never know