calling all pepper heads ...

BigStewMan

On 5/18/2021 at 5:33 PM, jimjimbo said:

Here we go:  They are all kind of finicky in my neck of the woods, so we'll see how they do this year.  Probably have the healthiest seedlings ever, so hope that's a sign of good things to come.

@oldtimer  @BigStewMan

White Moruga (new this year)

Padron

Lava Red (new this year)

Brain Strain (new this year)

Genghis Khan's Brain (new this year)

Yellow 7 Pot 

Yellow Reaper (new this year)

Death Spiral

Skunk Chocolate (new this year)

Orange Habanero

Thai Dragon (new this year)

Aji Chirrapita  (very difficult)

Dragon's Breath

Yellow Fever (new this year)

Primo 7 Pot (new this year)

IMG_7481.jpg

IMG_7482.jpg

well, If you provided peppers for @oldtimer Goblin's Ghost sauce then I send you a hearty "Well Done." That stuff was great. 

Peppers are really enjoying the daytime heat and warm nights. Clipped the growing tip on most of them to bush them out. Also feeding a fish emulsion with seaweed extract. They love it.  Foliar feeding with epsom salt solution.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yo there Jim @jimjimbo ... rumor has it that you have concocted an incredible bloody Mary mix.   I sure hope that one day, we'll be in the same part of the earth at the same time and I can sample it. 

hope your summer is going well. My best friend lives in Carmel, Indiana and I once spent a weekend in Lafayette ... I remember getting there but don't remember much after that ... it was the 70s and as the saying goes ... if you remember it, you weren't there. 

• 4 weeks later...

Getting close.  Weather this year has been almost perfect.  Every variety has done well.  The fish/seaweed emulsion, epsom salt and worm food has been a good combination food.

Pictured here:  Aji Chirrapita, Death Spiral, Dragons Breath, Thai Dragon, Skunk Chocolate, Yellow Fever, Padron.

thumbnail_IMG_7748.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7749.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7750.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7752.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7753.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7754.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7755.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7756.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7757.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7758.jpg

• Like 5

On 8/24/2021 at 9:42 PM, BigStewMan said:

@jimjimbo  Jim, which of those is the kiing of peppers in regards to heat? The name Lava Red catches my interest.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:42 PM, BigStewMan said:

@jimjimbo  Jim, which of those is the kiing of peppers in regards to heat? The name Lava Red catches my interest.

Of those, the Death Spiral is at the top.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I had some of oldie's Death Spiral pepper sauce and it converted me into liking the hot stuff. :) 

yeah that was a good one; but so far ... Ghost to the Post was the best.  I think he just named it that for my batch, not sure what it was called for the general public. 

• Like 1