Chorus I with Decware SE84UFO

Sixes

Curious if anyone has paired their Chorus I speakers with the Decware SE84UFO or any Decware amp for that matter. 

I am 370 or so on the waiting list of 500 and should have mine by June. 

I emailed Steve Deckert himself to ask his opinions on this exact subject. His response pretty much sums it up, and now I am even more excited to get my amp. 

7236ED9C-2B23-4D4B-908B-32E5B4AB5CFF.jpeg

Edited by Sixes
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cicerogue said:

Why was this thread moved from 2-Channel Home Audio?  The subtitle to that forum area is "Talk about stereo amp and speaker matching here."  It would appear that the question at hand here is exactly that.

Agree.  Should go back to 2 channel.  Much more activity there than in the tube section.

@dwilawyer

• Like 1

Regardless of which forum this belongs in, I've had quite a few different amps with my Cornwalls and a pair of Decware Zen's where the best sound...bar none. However, my room is rather large and when it's time to crank up some rockasaurus, big band jazz, orchestral or other big/loud music, the Zen was straining. Still, in it's lane, the DW Zen sounded amazing!!!

This section was created to be a repository of info about using tube amps with Klipsch speakers.  When in 2 channel these discussions were quickly buried and were difficult to search out.  I think this section has fulfilled its mission quite well!

As to the issue of power, it depends on so many factors that one needs to try an amp in their own system and draw their own conclusions.  Deckert offers a return policy for that reason.

Maynard

• Moderators
On 4/23/2021 at 8:53 AM, Cicerogue said:

Why was this thread moved from 2-Channel Home Audio?  The subtitle to that forum area is "Talk about stereo amp and speaker matching here."  It would appear that the question at hand here is exactly that.

To try and get some traction for the OP on his post. I will put it wherever @Sixes would like it.

• Like 1

Interesting, as I have Chorus II's in my basement that are often unused, and looking to possibly try a different amp with them. The other thread OP started had a number of responses that seemed to indicate (as I've heard over and over again) that Chorus II's "need lots of power" and "pair best with SS". I'm not sure I buy that, but then again, I've not tried mine with tubes either. Nice to hear others have tried tubes and like the combo. I wonder why many say they pair well with SS? Seems to me a decent powered tube amp would sound rather nice. I have a Jolida/Black Ice F-22 upstairs (75 Wpc, El-34's) that sounds (to me) outstanding driving Forte III, and it seems as though the same result would apply to the Chorus II's, unless I'm missing something. One of these days, I'll get around to moving it down there for a test.

OP - please report back on your experience after you get whatever you get. Here's the other thread for reference.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 10:50 AM, Sixes said:

Curious if anyone has paired their Chorus I speakers with the Decware SE84UFO or any Decware amp for that matter. 

I am 370 or so on the waiting list of 500 and should have mine by June. 

I emailed Steve Deckert himself to ask his opinions on this exact subject. His response pretty much sums it up, and now I am even more excited to get my amp. 

7236ED9C-2B23-4D4B-908B-32E5B4AB5CFF.jpeg

I have had several Decware amps and have a pair of mono block SE84CKC currently The amps sound wonderful as already stated. BUT you can not expect 2 WPC to DRIVE a 15" woofer to THUMP type levels. Listening at moderate levels will  produce a sound that manufactured production amps costing 2 or 3 times the price would have a hard time sounding better. At the end of the day Maynard is right its your ears that will tell you if you like the sound. Of note all Decware amps seem to do well on the used market should you go past the trial period and find you want more