How much are my speakers worth?

Bakerlady1

Good morning- I recently came into possession of a pair of klipschorn speakers. My mom bought them for her husband in ‘90. They’re in decent shape and haven’t been used really for the past 20 years or so. How do I figure how much they are worth and where is the best place to sell them. I have no use nor do I have the room for them. Any advice would be appreciated. 

• Like 2

@Bakerlady1,

Welcome to the forum.

You have yourself some very special speakers.

First take and post some very detailed photos to show condition.  Please de-dust them before you do, if not it will show and will not give a good visual representation of your Khorns.  Make sure you take photos of the labels as well as the internals(crossover, wiring, etc.).  Your geographic location is important because of demand.

Folks on this forum will give honest and relatively accurate estimations of their market value and this forum here is the best place to sell them.

Bill

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 9:08 AM, Bakerlady1 said:

Good morning- I recently came into possession of a pair of klipschorn speakers. My mom bought them for her husband in ‘90. They’re in decent shape and haven’t been used really for the past 20 years or so. How do I figure how much they are worth and where is the best place to sell them. I have no use nor do I have the room for them. Any advice would be appreciated. 

price will depend on the condition, wood veneer finish, year they were made & location but since you havent provided any of that info or pics, a ballpark estimate for average condition 1980s-mid 1990s K-horns would be $2500-3000.  if in mint condition & more desirable finish like walnut they could be closer to $4000-4500.  run of the mill oak with nics & scratches & stains etc would be on the lower side or less of the first estimate.  thats based on what ive seen in my area & what ive sold 2 pair of K-horns for recently.

i saw this weekend you posted pics on one of the facebook klipsch groups with a price of $4500,  based on the pics showing oak finish with brown grilles, scratches, possibly veneer issues & stains & mice poop, i think that may be a little high but you are free to ask what you want & im sure someone will make an offer you both can agree on... randy said hes interested without even seeing them!  

best of luck with the sale. 

• Like 1

Post your photos here, to include photos of the serial number tags so we can determine what you have and when they were made.  This is a good place to sell them.  If you want a wider audience, I suggest U.S. Audio Mart or Canuck Audio Mart in the event you are in Canada.

9 hours ago, JMON said:

Post your photos here, to include photos of the serial number tags so we can determine what you have and when they were made.  This is a good place to sell them.  If you want a wider audience, I suggest U.S. Audio Mart or Canuck Audio Mart in the event you are in Canada.

they are 1990, oak with brown grilles.  pics were posted on a klipsch facebook group & they must have already determined the price, listed for $4500

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Where on FB?

they were on a group called "vintage klipsch fans"  however i just tried to find the post & its been deleted.  maybe they sold already or the person didnt like the comments about mouse poop??  

4 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

they were on a group called "vintage klipsch fans"  however i just tried to find the post & its been deleted.  maybe they sold already or the person didnt like the comments about mouse poop??  

Oh, yes, saw that one.  Not the finest marketing effort......

• Like 1