WTB: Cherry RC-7 center

87nolaguy

Hope everyone's having a good weekend and thanks for stopping by! I've been looking for a cherry RC-7 to match my RF-7 mk I's(eye candy of mine attached).  I always seem to just miss them, SO I decided trying be a little more proactive and make my first post. I'm located in New Orleans, and would be willing to drive a bit to meet up. I know I'm new here, but I have rep over reddit if you need some other verification I'm real.

p.s.  I would also consider a cherry RC-64 II or combos, if I still come up dry. Basically if you're in driving distance, feel free to let me know what you've got.

p.p.s. I know he probably won't see this, but shout out to youthman for having some great rf-7 videos and posts that have helped me 👏

klipsch.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to describe, but bigger is the word.I thought the 64 was ok, but not impressive. The rc7 has always impressed everyone that hears it.  I have still not heard a center better than the rc7. If you aren't happy with it I suggest a matching front for center.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 48n123w said:

Fish - I’ve only had RC-7 for centers, how does the RC-64 compare?

The original RC-64 was voice-matched to a warmer speaker, the RF-83. My guess is if you can't find the RC-7, then try and find a deal on the RC-64II which went with the next generation of RF-7II.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 12:02 PM, Fish said:

Hard to describe, but bigger is the word.I thought the 64 was ok, but not impressive. The rc7 has always impressed everyone that hears it.  I have still not heard a center better than the rc7. If you aren't happy with it I suggest a matching front for center.

Thanks for the input! I'd definitely prefer sticking with the rc-7. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you can be very patient you will find one. I know that's not a great answer but it's true. I'll point out you must be willing to drive or pay the price, I'd drive a 1,000 miles for 7's and the right deal. The drive is just a day, the speakers can be enjoyed many years.  For the fabulous original 7's it's well worth the work. I had cherry 7's for about 10 years, got sick and had to sell em' to stay afloat ,miss em' everyday. I've been on the lookout for years for another pair. Sooner or later if I live long enough I'll find em.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DCaIrvine said:

I would Totally agree, I searched high and low for a pair of RB-75 in black. My dream pair was 9 hours away from. the guy had a pair. He wanted RB-75 Cherry then he would sell me his black pair. 

I drove to Phoenix 5 hour there 5 hours back to buy the cherry rb-75. for the guy. Then the next day I drove 4 and half hour to meet the guy for the first time. To deliver the Cherry 75. and gladly pay for my dream pair of RB-75 Black. 

SO 87NOLAGUY................ You have to put in work to get what you want. Or at least pay the price to get them. just say I'm out 4 tanks of gas for the total of 18 hours of driving. 

Worth it ? OH HELL YA IT WAS . 

Oh for sure. Driving for gear is always a fun road trip. It just has to be the right one, in the right condition. I’d jump on that eBay one above if that woofer was in better shape. My lady would get a beach trip to Florida out of it, and I’d get a speaker 🤣 

• 2 weeks later...

Bump! Still looking.

On 5/13/2021 at 10:14 AM, DCaIrvine said:

There are many replacement speakers for the RC-7 Woofer. You have to look for them. I have already seen over 12 woofers for sale. 

Come on man,  but the work in. Because once you pass something up. It might be a while before you get a chance again. 

Also to DC, looked for replacement woofers and I'm not seeing 12 of these woofers laying around. Could you drop me a link?

• Like 1