Local Cornwall "E" "CWO" Pair - Need NFO - Fair Price?

tomjones2003

Local guy has a pair of vintage "Export, Oiled Walnut" Cornwall speakers for sale, but neither of us know what they are worth.

Hoping I can get a few price quotes here, I would appreciate it.

These are original Cornwalls, right? Not IIs.

One serial = 15S398. Does the "S" mean '78?

The driver seems pretty faded. Anything to worry about?

Thank you!

Tom

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Welcome! Yes, the 'S' means 1978.

They look to be in great shape, and the faded cones are not something to be especially worried about.

I can't give an approx. value, I'm more of a LaScala follower. A lot depends on location and availability. Condition, of course.

How is it that they are deemed to be in "fantastic shape"?  Without seeing photos of most surfaces, I'd say it's impossible to give a fair price estimate.  All drivers functional?  No scratches, chips, corner crunches.....could be anywhere between $750 to $1200.

• Like 1

Dave St.Clair used to keep a OneDrive spreadsheet with actual sales from across the country.  It doesn't look like it's been kept up though.  His average was $854 for Cornwall's in AB condition.  Not sure if he's on this site but maybe someone can point you to him? 
I bought my Cornwall II's last summer for $800 but they were in pretty bad shape cosmetically.
Here's the OneDrive;  https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=18352CCA4833598F!5250&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!ADZIpbFBDK76pxY

• Like 2

I've seen these and I don't think they are in much better than average shape. Last I heard he wanted $2250 which I explained to him is unrealistic. Still, he is a small business owner and he gets to price them as he sees it. I should add that his thinking if new Cornwall (IV's) cost $6,000, then $2,000 makes sense for his. I did explain the difference as I've owned both and many other Klipsch.  Still up to him.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2021 at 10:29 AM, jimjimbo said:

could be anywhere between $750 to $1200.

Good fair market valuation by Jim ^^^. 

Fair market is a price which is fair to both Buyer and Seller.

+++

Because it's 5am and I can't sleep I zipped over to Ebay for a quick look.  There was a Cornwall in really nice shape listed for $1300 on April 4, 2021.  There were no bids.  It was re-listed and sold April 11 for $1025, 2 bids.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324544162785?hash=item4b9056ebe1:g:MYgAAOSwmLNf~1FH

• Like 3