Marantz 3800 Preamp with an added extra!

luddite

IMG_1534.JPG.a5155d7e7e48c8ba8eb2023063ac4651.JPGUp for sale is a Marantz 3800 preamp.  

It is in original condition, unmolested, and fully functional.  

The 3800 was the top of the heap of the silver faced Marantz line in the 1970's, and went toe to toe with the best McIntosh had to offer.  

This example has 2 phono inputs, 2 tape/line inputs, 2 speaker outputs, and a separate headphone jack.  

It works as it should.  As an older unit, it would function best with a good cleaning, and possibly a complete recap.  I have not needed to do so.  

I have used it with Pioneer, Rega, Sony, B&K, and McIntosh inputs and outputs, and with Ohm, Pioneer, McIntosh, and our cherished Klipsch speakers.  

It has never missed a beat.  It provides a warm, full soundstage.  The only reason I am selling it is that I will have no use for it after my move.  

$400.00, including the original box.  The box shows some wear, but is included for the sake of completeness.  

As an added bonus, I will include an original silver faced Sony tuner, for free!!!  

This is the Sony ST 2950 SD Dolby stereo tuner, which I used with the Marantz.  

It is fully functional; the lights work, the meters work, and it is complement to the preamp.  

There is a blemish on the left front of the face where a PO rubbed off the silver finish.  

The unit has wood sides, which are in good condition, and overall, the tuner and preamp work well together.  

The pieces will be double boxed, ? triple boxed if I have to pad the original Marantz box, for shipping.  

Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.  Local pickup is great.  I'm in the Memphis, TN area.  

PayPal friends and family, or regular PayPal with the added 3% fee.  

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

Sorry about the first picture.  

Somehow the last picture (of the back of the tuner) got loaded in the front of the listing.  

The subsequent pics show the preamp, then the tuner.  

Just wanted to put in a little clarification.