Studio La Scala $2300- Salem, OR

Limberpine

I thought Industrials have the K-43 woofer. In addition to the cool styling!

K-43 handles more power, gives a little more output in the mid-bass.

Pro gear has fuses too.

I have swapped out K-33 and K-43 in my LSIs and whole-heartedly prefer the K-43 on every level. 

• Like 3

these are not  STUDIO LA SCALAS ,  these are Industrial Lascala splits  rated at 200 watts with a k43 woofer instead of a K33 and a terminal cups with fuse holders  for  the HF and LF , the drivers from the HF  come out from the front by unscrewing  a panel----duratex style finish , they are missing both klipsch industrial badges -on the top hat and the bass bin -

the cabs were birch , very stiff /heavy cab and slightly thicker than 3/4 inch and these do not resonate a much as the earlier plywood LSI

image.php?id=88117

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

these are not  STUDIO LA SCALAS ,  these are Industrial Lascala splits  rated at 200 watts with a k43 woofer instead of a K33 and a terminal cups with fuse holders  for  the HF and LF , the drivers from the HF  come out from the front by unscrewing  a panel----duratex style finish , they are missing both klipsch industrial badges -on the top hat and the bass bin -

image.php?id=88117

Is there a "Studio La Scala"? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Limberpine said:

Is there a "Studio La Scala"? 

No.  There is no such designation from Klipsch.  @RandyH000 ^^^ was completely right, of course.  The speaker is an LSI, La Scala Industrial. 

My Heritage Prices spreadsheet shows the average price for a La Scala of that vintage at $1208.  The LSI version averages $1000 exactly.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Also like the Spreadsheet price on those Industrial LS.

We didn't go into great detail as this is a FS thread but the LSI is a hard beast to value.  The biggest problem is many of those have been working man's speakers in harsh environments and as such they have been driven hard are in bad shape.  Cab damage, blown drivers, smoke damage.  You just never know from a picture.

The other problem is the potential Buyers are a small group and are sought out by enthusiasts such as ourselves.  The LSI is not a pretty speaker so those wanting a living room speaker may have a WAF problem.

The LSI truly goes into the category that they are worth whatever a willing Buyer and a willing Seller can agree to.

• Thanks 1

This is an alerts thread but yes.

Think I can agree. A new member here in South Florida has a pair and is keeping them he said yesterday.

Another down there just got a pair of black ones but not sure if pro.

They likely will be my next ones.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
19 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The LSI version averages $1000 exactly.

What's the average for sale date on those?  $1000 seems incredibly low.

I'll check later, got Pickleball right now.

In general your perception is right but remember these are confirmed prices so there is some validity to the average.  The problem is I don't have many data points and the LSI's which are junked are averaged in with the ones which are in good condition, making a numerical value not very reliable.

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The LSI is not a pretty speaker so those wanting a living room speaker may have a WAF problem.

I guess my wife is contrary...  She likes my bumpy black LS.  Yes, they are in the living room

When I told her I bought some new speakers [RP600Ms for my man cave] she said "You're not getting rid of the big speakers. I like them".

ya just never know

• Like 2