Measurements of La Scala and Cornwall?

Bjorn

Has anyone measured one of these speakers and can post at least the frequency response? Anechoic, gated or nearfield measurements would be best, but even in room responses would be interesting to see.

Preferably one of the later versions but older models are also ok.

I've got some in-room REW measurements taken at 1m with absorption on the floor between the microphone and front baffle.  The Cornwalls are 1979 models with replaced tweeters--Crites CT125s (which at about 3-4 dB lower sensitivity than the midrange) which already replaced the K-77 tweeters when I bought the Cornwalls used in ~2008.  I also have measurements using an EV Dx38 DSP crossover that simply EQs the Cornwalls to a little flatter SPL response--but no bi-amping or tri-amping.

I know this isn't what you've actually requested, but it is available in case you get no other offers.  Just PM me with an email address where I can send the REW measurement files (*.mdat).  If you want me to extract plots from the measurement files, I'd be willing to do that, too. 

Chris

1 minute ago, Chris A said:

I've got some in-room REW measurements taken at 1m with absorption on the floor between the microphone and front baffle.  The Cornwalls are 1979 models with replaced tweeters--Crites CT125s (which at about 3-4 dB lower sensitivity than the midrange) which were already replacing the K-77 tweeters when I bought the Cornwalls used in ~2008.  I also have measurements using an EV Dx38 DSP crossover that simply EQs the Cornwalls to a little flatter SPL response--but no bi-amping or tri-amping.

I know this isn't what you've actually requested, but it is available in case you get no other offers.  Just PM me with an email address where I can send the REW measurement files (*.mdat).  If you want me to extract plots from the measurement files, I'd be willing to do that, too. 

Chris

Thank you Chris. Still of interest, though it's an older Cornwall speaker. And 1m distance with absorption on the floor is great. I'll send you a PM with email address.

Surprisingly very difficult to find measurements of these speakers, considering they have been in the market a long time.