rf 7

Kjunkie

I recently bought a pair of rf 7s with the Dave G upgrades installed.   I have them in the same space with 2000 era unaltered Belle Klipsch and KLF20s with Crites crossovers and tweeters.    The RF7s have much clearer highs, deeper punchier bass and much better imaging than the KLF20s.  Compared with the Belle Klipsch, the mid and high frequencies and imaging were similar, but of course, the bass was no contest between them. 

I have a pair of Klipschorn AK3 in a different home, so I haven't heard them side by side.   However I think these RF7s would compare very favorably with the mighty Klipschorn.   What a deal!

Not sure if I'm going to keep the Belle Klipsch.     RF7s occupy much less space, and the HF driver is at ear level, no sub is needed.

Anyone else have similar experience?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If I said that, it was a very long time ago, probably before I owned Klipschorns. I haven’t heard any of the new Reference stuff, but do remember not being real thrillled with the RF-83 or the RB-61 (which I still own). 

Yep, it's true, the classic 7's are truly "one" of Klipsch best speakers ever. The last musical speaker in my book. RP/82/83/ and the like, great HT. The 7's need hundreds of watts if you want them to really want them to show what they can do, don't care what nobody say. I had 500 per channel on mine once and it was pretty scary, literally shaking. All my friends still talk about it, loudest, cleanest stereo ever, it was a great room too . I thought surely the cabinets would explode. Sure they're great with a few good watts too, just not nervous good. I was just listening to my 20's with only tweeter upgrade and the imaging could not be better. I'm assuming imaging has something to do with front end too. All my Klipsch image very well.  I could ask any novice, can you hear that center channel and they say oh yeah. Then I tell em' have a closer listen, they are surprised there is none playing. The best part is when the imaging is perfect but you still hear the active stereo work in L & R channels. I think that part relies on front end totally.

• Like 2