My first K-horns

Fast996

These were stored for about 4 years....were purchased in Okinawa Japan no less. They have about 30 hours on them and from first listen they have really changed. Great center phantom image. L and right channel are becoming non directional on some minimal mic'd recordings. The thing I like best is the bass is starting to "swirl" around the room.

I think I might leave these stock. You members that told me to just listen and enjoy were sages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fast996 said:

Hoo-ray.....:D

I finally have them hooked up in my Bedroom....rock on. I haven't heard a live pair in probably 50 years. Bright and horny... no way...smooth as a baby's butt. Dynamic? very much so. I love the immediacy and fullness. These must be very room dependent. Mine are 1989 WO AK-2's and very open and produce a wonderful wall of sound. A great midrange...female voice is wonderful. Highs have realism and very open. The bass is the best part...powerful and is a force that I love. Overall great clarity. I'm glad I took the plunge...if you have a room that these horns are designed for I can't think of a better used speaker value.
p.s. my corners are 16 feet a part and the room goes back about 20 feet.
right now powered by my Marantz 4400 with a Panasonic blue ray player.

20210627_154809.jpg

Congratulations on your beautiful Klipschorns. I find mine sound just as you describe. It’s fortunate you have a good room and audio system for them, as I do too, so I know how thrilled you are. Enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

Why did I wait so long? I have systems in other rooms and the master bedroom was the perfect spot. I'm a night owl and these K-horns make sure it stays that way....Glorious. Btw whose crazy enough to have K-horns in their bedroom? Me.

thumbnail (18).jpg

thumbnail (19).jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fast996 said:

Why did I wait so long? I have systems in other rooms and the master bedroom was the perfect spot. I'm a night owl and these K-horns make sure it stays that way....Glorious. Btw whose crazy enough to have K-horns in their bedroom? Me.

thumbnail (18).jpg

thumbnail (19).jpg

Very impressive. Congrats!  I have Khorns in my living room and belles in my bedroom.

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, Peter P. said:

You think YOU'RE crazy? I saw a craigslist posting for the sale of a pair of LaScala's that were suspended from the bedroom ceiling..

I remember that! He wanted a lot of money and you needed to get them down, if I remember correctly

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I have my bedroom system in place,although the Marrantz 4400 receiver is temporary. I'm using my Panosonic UB9000 blue ray player and it sounds good,but I have no speakers on the opposite side of the room and was thinking about adding a pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers. There was a pair of WO's on my local CL but I blew it off...$600 too. dummy.

Does anybody have Khorns and Heresy's for cinema? How do they sound as a system. Just wondering...thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Audio Classics called me today and my McIntosh C20 tube preamp is ready to ship back to me after a restoration.  The before and after specs are impressive I think. My Accuphase P300 amp.will be done soon too

I can't wait to hear my Khorns with a wonderful warm Mac C20.doing the signal.

Screenshot_20210729-171144_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-171201_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 2:36 PM, Fast996 said:

Fantastic , I've  had speakers in my Bedroom  , but not these big Boys  ----this is something else -KHORNS   ,  try to get these up a flight of stairs ---

• Like 1