forté iv have arrived

Frank1938

Spent a lot of time over the weekend dialing in the new speakers that replaced the forte IIIs. There is a difference between the two that I didn't anticipate. I had to reduce the output of the subs to about half of what they were running at before. Same system so I don't understand the change. Biggest change is in the treble sound; the raspiness of the IIIs with the violin is gone and the sound is much cleaner. Subs are crossed over at 80Hz, allowing the IVs to produce all but the lower range and they do a great job. I listen to mostly instrumental music and the speakers do well with guitar and piano. Very well balanced and nice soundstage.

So far I am pleased and find the investment to be worthwhile.

Frank

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Very nice. I have read that the forte iv’s sound is more like the Cornwall IV than before. I have not heard the New Forte’s but I have the Cornwalls and I love them. I use a sub, crossed over at 40Hz, so it does not do much on most material. Enjoy! Another hit by Klipsch. I’m so happy about new Heritage model updates.

• Like 1

I love my Forte IVs they are everything and more than I was hoping for as an upgrade to my Forte 1s. Much wider and deeper soundstage, better bass, more pleasing midrange and better center image. Totally worth the investment to me.

congrats

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frank1938 said:

Spent a lot of time over the weekend dialing in the new speakers that replaced the forte IIIs. There is a difference between the two that I didn't anticipate. I had to reduce the output of the subs to about half of what they were running at before. Same system so I don't understand the change. Biggest change is in the treble sound; the raspiness of the IIIs with the violin is gone and the sound is much cleaner. Subs are crossed over at 80Hz, allowing the IVs to produce all but the lower range and they do a great job. I listen to mostly instrumental music and the speakers do well with guitar and piano. Very well balanced and nice soundstage.

So far I am pleased and find the investment to be worthwhile.

Frank

Classical music mostly?

2 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Classical music mostly?

If it is instrumental, I will listen to it. I enjoy classical a lot but also enjoy what used to be called "elevator music." Especially fond of piano from "ragtime" to classical compositions. Richard Clayderman is very relaxing for me because of the orchestral arrangements that support him..

Thx.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Frank1938 said:

If it is instrumental, I will listen to it. I enjoy classical a lot but also enjoy what used to be called "elevator music." Especially fond of piano from "ragtime" to classical compositions. Richard Clayderman is very relaxing for me because of the orchestral arrangements that support him..

Thx.

I find Mantovani very cool and chill.... 

PSX_20210427_193828.jpg

• Like 1

Keep us posted on the 4s

I have always believed the Fortes were the best sleepers on the market.

They represent a different design philosophy than the other Heritage products

I am glad to see that Klipsh's new owners have taken an interest in the Gem they purchased, the Heritage line.

If you have any Female vocal with piano, I would be interested to hear your impression of the female voice, along with the piano; one of if not the most challenging to faithfully reproduce.

A friend who wanted to know the difference in bit rates and systems asked me to explain it for him, so I played the same track published at different bit rates on different gear. Told him to close his eyes and listen. When they heard it on the McIntosh and DTS, after the lower bit rates, I asked him how does it sound now ?

" Like she is sitting on my lap"

Hopefully the new Jubilee will be kept within the price range of the Middle Class.

Someone's phone recording of a concert, the stagecraft is excellent; when they did their Orchestra Tour, too bad their is no HQ video and sound of this performance, they were clearly on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

@BuboI like the fact that you like Hooverphonic, our national pride here in Belgium!

They are good compared to anyone, at any time.

I would put Noemie's performances in the first rank for her generation of singers, worldwide.

Geike was good, excellent; Noemie made everyone forget her in a matter of weeks when she stepped in.

Their first or second Voice Liesje Sadonius (sp) could have been great, but I guess she didn't like the band lifestyle.

This looks like baby Noemie in her first roll out, from Graphic Artist with no band or performance experience to pop star in one audion

The new front has a good voice, they need to doll her up like they did with Noemie....

New girl, Luka, made the sale with me

• Like 1

Enjoy. !!!   I am loving mine.   Probably the best money ever spent on audio.   They are awesome.  I am also running my subs rolled off at 45 Hz and a steep slope via my Velodyne SMS 1 .  The bass is so good with the Forte IV that a sub really isn't necessary in the appropriate sized room.  I use the sub when playing movies mostly.