Mapleshade Scott lk48

creed2

36 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

VERY Cheap ---excellent price , value is more like 1300$  -------GLWS

where do you come up with these numbers ?  Have you looked at the sales over the past year for THIS AMP  tossed out the highest and the lowest SELLING prices then do the math and get an average.......................Just snatching a number out of thin air is not an items VALUE, and is misleading to both buyers and sellers.

The fact is The LK48 un modified sells between 300.00 and 500.00, and all the available info on the Mapleshade site as reviews from actual owners,  Buyers stating they paid between 1100 and 1200 for there mapleshade amps. 

Now figure in you have a 10 year old amp that likely cost 1200 to 1500 from mapleshade when it was freshly restored, the normal depreciation of audio gear runs 30 to 50 percent of new and you get a value in the 800 to 1050 on the high side and 600 to 750.00 on the low side

what will ultimately decide the value is what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Knobs are in a box somewhere, If I can find them, I may have to find some on flea bay. I like the big knobs for easier adjustment personally doesn't bother me and like the look of silver knobs may not be for everyone.

Edited by creed2

To be honest that's why I hope someone buys it quick before I chicken out, I really do love this amp that's why I've held on to it so long. My tube pre and solid state amp cost almost 8 times what I'm asking but this amp comes across more musical and satisfying at times, it's hard to let go. Only reason for sale is new phono pre that maybe I really don't need, mark 1101 does make sense?

11 hours ago, creed2 said:

Knobs are in a box somewhere,

Honestly, this is not helping your sale, nor is raising the price after your initial post.  Do you have documentation from Mapleshade that you can post here?

People such as myself that collect and use this vintage gear like to see original cosmetics as much as possible at this price point.  More photos of the internal chassis would help too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, creed2 said:

To be honest that's why I hope someone buys it quick before I chicken out, I really do love this amp that's why I've held on to it so long. My tube pre and solid state amp cost almost 8 times what I'm asking but this amp comes across more musical and satisfying at times, it's hard to let go. Only reason for sale is new phono pre that maybe I really don't need, mark 1101 does make sense?

I don't use phono so I can't comment on that.  But the 3D soundstage and vintage sound is unique and to me it is the original analog golden era of Hi Fi sound.  I have had my unit extensively reworked and it is simply excellent.  I use it with a pair of old cornwalls that I bring outside in my backyard.  So speakers outdoors.......makes it even better.

• Like 1

Jimbo I do have proof that it is a true Mapleshade mod. I found the knobs and I felt raising price a little was warranted since I had no idea of its value, is why I asked here. There's one on eBay for $1700 so around $1100 I thought was a fair asking price to start. It also left a little room if lower offer was made. I really don't want to argue I'm just going to pull the amp of the market I really don't want to have to deal with implying it may not be a Mapleshade mod, knobs and so on. I'm going to just keep the amp. Sorry for any trouble I caused. 

Some are using the general information forum here for various reasons. One that I like is pricing suggestions. It works for Klipsch speakers and would work somewhat for electronics hopefully.

The way it was and preferred by 

the history of the garage sale was to already have a price to print in advert.

Just one of those things and do not take as anything personal.

And repost here or on the other forums as a member.

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, creed2 said:

Jimbo I do have proof that it is a true Mapleshade mod. I found the knobs and I felt raising price a little was warranted since I had no idea of its value, is why I asked here. There's one on eBay for $1700 so around $1100 I thought was a fair asking price to start. It also left a little room if lower offer was made. I really don't want to argue I'm just going to pull the amp of the market I really don't want to have to deal with implying it may not be a Mapleshade mod, knobs and so on. I'm going to just keep the amp. Sorry for any trouble I caused. 

Certainly was not made to imply anything, simply to ask for clarification.  Nothing to argue about at all.  No trouble.