5N978, 979 Cornwall

murad

4 hours ago, murad said:

Ah yes I see you're from MD. The grils do not have the Klipsch insignia on them and are pretty filthy, any way to clean them? seems like these babies have been left in a basement and gathered some spiderwebs here and there, haven't opened the backs yet, and kinda scared to find it infested.

steam

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, murad said:

I accidentally plugged it in to step up transformer's 220v

did the unit produce  smoke  when you plugged in the 220v ? ------did you open the unit to see if the board has burn marks  ? ------did you locate the primary fuse ?

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

did the unit produce  smoke  when you plugged in the 220v ? ------did you open the unit to see if the board has burn marks  ? ------did you locate the primary fuse ?

yes, very little smoke and smell of solder, burn marks on the power supply which is a separate unit that can be replaced, but I don't have the means to assess the full damage.

i nany case though I am very happy with my Emotiva, it's crisp, easy to use and has just the right amount of input options. Currently running my latent MD player through it and it sings! better than CD if you ask me :)

Just now, RandyH000 said:

ok --just confirming it's damaged ---tx

yes it's dead unfortunately. the unit already had issues with some of the potentiometers broken etc.. got a refund from the seller without the need to return

Just now, murad said:

yes it's dead unfortunately. the unit already had issues with some of the potentiometers broken etc.. got a refund from the seller without the need to return

no kidding ,  unlucky , but lucky , how often does that happen , too bad you 're not closer , I would invite you for backgammon 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Nice. But that room could use some treatment on the walls, a rug on the floor and some overstuffed furniture.

Shakey

Hey Shakey,

I know but my ceilings are 16ft and no matter what I did around the space, i decided that the real solution will be with the ceiling treatment, and since I don't own the place I am intending to hang heavyweight elevator protector blankets, the quilted kind.. I hope it helps with the acoustics

With 16 ft ceilings you probably don't need treatment there. At least I wouldn't start there. But high ceilings make the need even greater for room treatment. I'd start with the first reflection points on the side walls and maybe something on the wall behind you. But even an area rug will improve things.

Shakey

5 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

With 16 ft ceilings you probably don't need treatment there. At least I wouldn't start there. But high ceilings make the need even greater for room treatment. I'd start with the first reflection points on the side walls and maybe something on the wall behind you. But even an area rug will improve things.

Shakey

I am lucky because I enjoy music at lower volumes and as such it has been quite pleasant so far. But I have some plans to convert a couple of room dividers to acoustic panels to stand behind the speakers. that wall is where I watch stuff at night so I can't really put anything in the middle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murad said:

I am lucky because I enjoy music at lower volumes and as such it has been quite pleasant so far. But I have some plans to convert a couple of room dividers to acoustic panels to stand behind the speakers. that wall is where I watch stuff at night so I can't really put anything in the middle.

So, how are they sounding to you...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, billybob said:

So, how are they sounding to you...

I was about to say, I've been jumping from genre to genre. I know for sure that my M504 needs recapping despite it makes every speaker hooked to it shine; now with Cornwalls it is an entire different story. 

I just put 'Inflation Field' track from Roly Porter's Kistvaen album, and it shattered my room physically and myself emotionally, immediately as tremors ran through the space I got goosebumps. Not even sitting in front of the speakers. it is magnificent.

• Thanks 1

Just now, murad said:

I was about to say, I've been jumping from genre to genre. I know for sure that my M504 needs recapping despite it makes every speaker hooked to it shine; now with Cornwalls it is an entire different story. 

I just put 'Inflation Field' track from Roly Porter's Kistvaen album, and it shattered my room physically and myself emotionally, immediately as tremors ran through the space I got goosebumps. Not even sitting in front of the speakers. it is magnificent.

Definition: I put on albums I listened for 100s of times from the early 2000s and I heard so much new detail, I haven't before.

Again listening at low volumes, my preamp at 30%, M504 doesn't have pots, it is incredibly powerful, so much authority

BASS: deep, extended, smooth, presence!

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2021 at 10:41 AM, murad said:

Ah yes I see you're from MD. The grils do not have the Klipsch insignia on them and are pretty filthy, any way to clean them? seems like these babies have been left in a basement and gathered some spiderwebs here and there, haven't opened the backs yet, and kinda scared to find it infested.

Woolite in a bathtub and or shower should work well. Take your time and be gentle.