5N978, 979 Cornwall

murad

There is one of those stand off type that some use here on their barrier strips. They are cool.

You would need four. 

Others know and say they work well. Also used on their electronics.

Using bare wire, you must indeed be careful with the strands of wire between the +and--.

Will see if I can find a pic...

7 hours ago, murad said:

I have Emotiva for preamp. My ONKYO P304 burned as I accidentally plugged it in to step up transformer's 220v I have been using for my EURO Genelecs.

INSTANT ZAP  - gone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, murad said:

any advice on the connectors, crossovers? DIY stands?

Connector are ok for the next 100 years , it's just a connection to a wire ---I would replace the wiring before the connector 

-the Crossovers may have already been upgraded if the speakers sound good ----if you're not happy , then open the back and post a picture --

-finally you have the risers on the speakers ,  you dont need anything more ---they are as high as they should be

• Like 1

@murad

the Onkyo P304 has   2   models  - a USA model / 120 V  power supply  and a Worldwide model with a switchable Power Supply for 120V  or 220V   ----if the Power supply switch is on 120V and you plug in 220V    --- it  damaged  the main fuse for sure ..............then the transformer , then the diodes -

there is 1 main fuse in the P304 -you need to remove the top cover , locate the fuse  , check for charring in the transformer and circuit board

-there  is a 1A (ST6) Primary fuse  for the USA P304  , and a   0.5A --SE- EAWK. Primary fuse  for the Worldwide P304 - 

6 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

or damping the mid horn with some dynamat.

No not the Dynamat , they´re good for car audio damping but really not to dampen the horn body. They got an aluminium surface that increases the reflections in the cabinet. Just my own experience while I modified my RF7 EvoTec. I´ll prefer bitumen slabs . These are very easy to cut and are self-adhesive on one side. Just in case that you consider a damping solution for the horn bodys.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Mourad --

----if the Power supply switch is on 120V and you plug in 220V    --- it  damaged  the main fuse for sure --

Randy ......in this case, the power supply burns out immediately, within fractions of a second.

• Like 1

I was watching these form “best offer” to the $1000 obo change to the ad. I saw the chip and lack of badges, but considering the age, they looked good. Glad they sounded OK and you got them at a fair price. As others have said, don’t rush into any changes to crossovers. Focus on getting them cleaned up to your liking and then really focus on placement. Listen to them a lot. I was never really happy with mine until I started using them as my front mains in my HT setup. Yes, this is not only my worthless opinion , but a warning to not have your expectations too high for Cornwalls.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 7:54 PM, baron167 said:

I was watching these form “best offer” to the $1000 obo change to the ad. I saw the chip and lack of badges, but considering the age, they looked good. Glad they sounded OK and you got them at a fair price. As others have said, don’t rush into any changes to crossovers. Focus on getting them cleaned up to your liking and then really focus on placement. Listen to them a lot. I was never really happy with mine until I started using them as my front mains in my HT setup. Yes, this is not only my worthless opinion , but a warning to not have your expectations too high for Cornwalls.

Ah yes I see you're from MD. The grils do not have the Klipsch insignia on them and are pretty filthy, any way to clean them? seems like these babies have been left in a basement and gathered some spiderwebs here and there, haven't opened the backs yet, and kinda scared to find it infested.