several items I am not using

joessportster

1)SOLD  Pair of Dynaco MKIII Monos with complete restoration / upgrade by Chris Keller here is a link to pics & his description:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649716659-dynaco-mk-iii-mono-amplifiers-totally-restored-and-upgraded/
Price is 1500.00 plus fees and shipping
SOLD 

SOLD  2) Maple Tree Line 2 CRM Pre-amp with remote volume Mine was bought new about 6 months ago and is Black with Red (ish) Paduak solid hardwood sides much like the one pictured on the web page here:  https://www.mapletreeaudio.com/index.html
Price is 700.00 plus shipping and fees, I will include 1 pair of RCA 12an7gt and 1 pair of GE 6sn7
SOLD

SOLD 3) Audiophilleo AP1 USB / SPDIF convertor (Blue, with case & adapters etc...
Price is 400.00 plus the Ride and Fee
s SOLD

4) SOLD Stone Image Audio, Soft Tone PLT One Step Up Transformer 1 x 12 or 1 x 24 switchable on top Very Nice SUT
Price is 300.00 Plus shipping and Fees
SOLD

5) Wauwatosa Tube Factory LA LUCIÉRNAGA Set Amp that uses 6l6GC as its output tube sounds wonderful See info at the links:

https://wtfamps.com/la-luciernaga-part-2-the-amp/ and, https://wtfamps.com/la-luciernaga-part-1-the-psu/ 
Price is 900.00 plus the ride and fees

6) 1 pair of Gloss Black Emerald Physics 4.4 with passive Crossover for the dual concentric 12 driver, these would need to be Bi-Amped I run a Crown XLS1002 and use the built in Low Pass set at 200Hz its just a superb sounding speaker. I would greatly prefer local pickup or can deliver within reason
Price is 1100.00 plus any fees

More to come !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can send pics via text or email for serious interests. Trades I will consider are Tube Amps, or ?????????

Hi Joe,

I find your Dynaco MKIIIs interesting. Maybe you'll be kind enough to advise me. I am currently powering my Cornwall IIIs and Fortes with a pair of Schiit Vidars with a Schiit Freya pre amp and a Schiit Aegir driving the Cornwall highs with a Schiit Saga as pre amp. If I remember correctly you have had some experience with Schiit. I think my current setup has plenty of power but somehow lacks the "magic" I had hoped for when I bought my Cornwalls. I wonder if something like the Dynacos would be better suited to my Klipsch speakers? What has your experience been?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bump for Joe and the Wauwatosa Tube Factory LA LUCIÉRNAGA and the Stone Image Audio SUT.  I was the former owner of both, and friends with the builders.  Both are great pieces and punch well above their price point.  I'd be happy to answer any questions about either, having used them in my system for a significant amount of time.  

10 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Hi Joe,

I find your Dynaco MKIIIs interesting. Maybe you'll be kind enough to advise me. I am currently powering my Cornwall IIIs and Fortes with a pair of Schiit Vidars with a Schiit Freya pre amp and a Schiit Aegir driving the Cornwall highs with a Schiit Saga as pre amp. If I remember correctly you have had some experience with Schiit. I think my current setup has plenty of power but somehow lacks the "magic" I had hoped for when I bought my Cornwalls. I wonder if something like the Dynacos would be better suited to my Klipsch speakers? What has your experience been?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You are correct I have had a few Schiit pieces. I only still own a Sys as its handy in a few situations. I am not one to bad mouth gear etc... but to be frank The Schiit is not in the same league as the MK III monos. Dynaco MK III driving Cornwalls would be a match made in Heaven I have owned that combo in the past and heard that combo in others homes as well. Its hard to beat.

Joe

1 hour ago, tlarwa said:

Bump for Joe and the Wauwatosa Tube Factory LA LUCIÉRNAGA and the Stone Image Audio SUT.  I was the former owner of both, and friends with the builders.  Both are great pieces and punch well above their price point.  I'd be happy to answer any questions about either, having used them in my system for a significant amount of time.  

Appreciate the Kind Words, I am watching out for Tims next project, have conversed with him a few time. Very NICE and forthright .

1 hour ago, joessportster said:

Appreciate the Kind Words, I am watching out for Tims next project, have conversed with him a few time. Very NICE and forthright .

He has a killer pair of monoblocks ... I tried them out on my big speakers, but they had waaaaaay too much gain for my system.  That said, they were a quality build, and I would gladly welcome them into the listening room if I had the right speakers.  Tim'a a stand up guy and a quality builder for sure.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 6:02 PM, joessportster said:

You are correct I have had a few Schiit pieces. I only still own a Sys as its handy in a few situations. I am not one to bad mouth gear etc... but to be frank The Schiit is not in the same league as the MK III monos. Dynaco MK III driving Cornwalls would be a match made in Heaven I have owned that combo in the past and heard that combo in others homes as well. Its hard to beat.

Joe

Thanks for your input, Joe. Sorry I missed your MK IIIs.