Opinion of speakers I have been advised to buy

nino nistri

I am buying a sony TV, 65 inch, X900H series LED 4kUHD Smart Android TV....and been advised to get with that TV..... Klipsch Reference Premiere Duel 4" 300 watt passive 2 way center channel speaker model RP400C......and 2 side speakers....Reference series Duel 6 1/2 " 400 Watt Passive 2 way floor speaker ...model R620F..........

My question is, are these considered good middle of the road speakers and chances are good i would be happy with them...are they a chevy...buick...or cadillac......

Thank you for any opinions...

Nino Nistri

That is a reasonable TV and reasonable speakers. But that says nothing.

What size room are you in? What AVR will you drive these with? What will you be listening to? TV/movies I assume? Are you going to get a subwoofer? Any surrounds - or strictly 3.0 or 3.1?

Welcome to the forum....and the rabbit hole 🙂

I understand there are many variables to consider and they, in sum, will pretty much dictate the best course........Unfortunately, unlike you, I am not into this subject matter and too lazy to do a sharp pencil analysis as you indicate.

In essence, it is a large living room...I'll be 14 feet away from the TV....20 feet away from the 2 side speakers....i have 2 boston rear speakers....no subwoofer.....I will be using a 3700 Denon receiver...and a blue ray ....pretty standard stuff...........

I wanted to focus on the speakers and wanted to ask if these are considered good enough to handle everything well and satisfy a not too critical person.....or would it be really important to move up to the next level speaker.

thank you.

nino 

I understand there are many variables to consider and they, in sum, will pretty much dictate the best course........Unfortunately, unlike you, I am not into this subject matter and too lazy to do a sharp pencil analysis as you indicate.

In essence, it is a large living room...I'll be 14 feet away from the TV....20 feet away from the 2 side speakers....i have 2 boston rear speakers....no subwoofer.....I will be using a 3700 Denon receiver...and a blue ray ....pretty standard stuff...........

I wanted to focus on the speakers and wanted to ask if these are considered good enough to handle everything well and satisfy a not too critical person.....or would it be really important to move up to the next level speaker.

thank you.

nino 
In that big of a room you could be fine but depending on how loud your listening. I would suggest a quality sub to start. With a good sub you should be fine with this set up. Otherwise I would bump up to the 450c and 280f..... At the very least I would bump up to the 440c over the 400c. After your sub the center channel is very important

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, nino nistri said:

. Klipsch Reference Premiere Duel 4" 300 watt passive 2 way center channel speaker model RP400C

Good unit, if you can bump up one model to the 600, you may like it better.

I dual amp my center since most of the sound comes out of it.

......and 2 side speakers....Reference series Duel 6 1/2 " 400 Watt Passive 2 way floor speaker ...model R620F..........

Should be fine for the front corners of the room. or 10-13 feet apart.

My question is, are these considered good middle of the road speakers and chances are good i would be happy with them...are they a chevy...buick...or cadillac......

Most, all, of the speakers Klipsch makes are good.

You should be happy with them.

If you hit the Lotto

Throw down for 5 LaScalas and Class A amps all around. 2W will take your head off.

The last 1% is elusive and expensive...........

Thank you for any opinions...

Nino Nistri