New Cornwall IVs, cherry, walnut or black

John Ek

I’ve decided to place an order for Cornwalls, but I can’t decide if I want cherry, walnut or black. The pictures on Klipsch web site suggests walnut to be more grainy and darker as compared with my current JBLs. Cherry is difficult, usually cherry veneer change colour with age, not very fond of those becoming more red. 

So, are there any pictures of Cornwall IVs where they are not completely out of the box? I’d be very happy if you would be kind enough to share pics of your own speakers! Thanks in advance! 

• Like 2

John. I too have agonised over what finish to order my Cornwalls in as I haven't seen a pair in the flesh. It was either cherry or walnut and I've settled on walnut for it's more dark grain traditional look. I'm sure all three veneer finishes are superb and whichever you settle on will be great. I just went by looking at as many online pic's and video's I could find to get an idea of what the finishes look like. The professional pictures certainly seem to make the wood grains look richer and darker than some of the owner/reviewer pics and youtube vids. I'm hoping mine will arrive in the next week or so. First Klipsch purchase for me.

I'm also interested in learning more about this. I am in the market for a new set of Cornwall IV's as well. The Walnut veneer on my Heresy IV's have not changed much at all in the past year, however I have heard that the Cherry Veneer changes quite a bit.

I was leaning toward Cherry for Cornwall IV if anyone has any pictures of new vs aged veneer on cherry Cornwall IV's that would be awesome. 

Thank you. I honestly haven’t looked at the sides in about a year, so thanks for giving me an excuse. Just noticed the other side is even better on both of them. “Waterfall” matches better. 👍.

481EDEDF-1D0A-4281-A583-1389C340CBDF.jpeg

Edited by salbake
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, John Ek said:

I’ve decided to place an order for Cornwalls, but I can’t decide if I want cherry, walnut or black.

Cherry is pretty nice ---Walnut is the most purchased , I would think

13 hours ago, John Ek said:

I’ve decided to place an order for Cornwalls, but I can’t decide if I want cherry, walnut or black. The pictures on Klipsch web site suggests walnut to be more grainy and darker as compared with my current JBLs. Cherry is difficult, usually cherry veneer change colour with age, not very fond of those becoming more red. 

So, are there any pictures of Cornwall IVs where they are not completely out of the box? I’d be very happy if you would be kind enough to share pics of your own speakers! Thanks in advance! 

You can order the cherry in "Natural", which is a lighter shade, or in a darker stain.  I have had both and they are each beautiful.  Recommend you contact Cory at Paducah Home Theater.

@Paducah Home Theater

• Like 2

My dealer has Black CW IVs and Cherry Heresy’s. Both look great. I think black looks good in a theater or if your rack/stand and gear is all black and silver. I remember having to ask the dealer if the heresy’s were cherry or walnut so not a gigantic difference unless they’re next to each other IMO. You can’t make a bad choice. All good looking, don’t overthink it. If your rack/entertainment center is wood, pick the closest color. If black, go black.  You’re gonna love your CW IVs, happy listening 🤙

• Like 2

My Cherry Forte IVs came to me very light and not at all what I was expecting or hoping for but they are getting darker and richer looking by the day. My wife and I are very happy with the way they look now. Just beautiful!  

And yes - Paducah Home Theater and Cory were the place to get to get incredible deals on the best Heritage Klipsch speakers. I had the Fortes within a few days of ordering them and they arrived on a pallet in perfect condition and I saved nearly $2000 over what I could have received them locally. Great service from Cory!

• Like 2

I agree on the Cherry.   Mine were really light.  I kind of liked them, having always had dark finishes like Walnut.   They are three months old and are getting that nice grain contrast.   They are darker yes but still have a natural look as opposed to stained which was like my Heresy III.   I much prefer the natural Cherry.   

walnut is beautiful too.  It is a tough choice.  I was all ready to get Distressed Oak but I didn’t really like it in person.   Black and the new grilles are a sharp contrast too.  Tough decision .   I’m glad I went with Cherry.    

I've always had thiat dilemma if I ever had the opportunity to buy new speakers. Luckily PHT helped make the decision when they only had one set of B stock left. Walnut it was and I love them. I think I would love the cherry just as much. 3c8e633d203c5130280ea71f77a19140.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

This is the best pic I have at the moment. I could take some better pics of the side walls when I get home later. These are walnut.

IMG_0731.JPG

Let’s see the side pics! And tell us about your system? Looks awesome! 

PS is there a “show us your system” thread? I love looking at other people’s setups and reading the descriptions. Fifty bucks - 1 million bucks doesn’t matter, I think everyone’s system is special - would love to see them.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I've always had thiat dilemma if I ever had the opportunity to buy new speakers. Luckily PHT helped make the decision when they only had one set of B stock left. Walnut it was and I love them. I think I would love the cherry just as much. 3c8e633d203c5130280ea71f77a19140.jpg

Beautiful! What’s in the center? Heresy on its side?

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

Nice flooring.   Brazilian Pecan?

Hi,

Do not forget the black ones, the birch has splendid veins according to the light. This color is sober and less spectacular than the woods, but it will pass the years without any weariness that is the advantage. The wedding will also depend on your interior. For me in the end all the finishes are beautiful.

Mine are CWIII

ucv9.jpg

😎

• Like 1