Lyngdorf and Klipsch?

Fasthenk65

Dear all,

I hear different opinions on digital amps + Klipsch... Would the TDAI-1120 from Lyngdorf with the much loved "room perfect"  system be a good match for a Klipsch Heresy IV speaker??

Input really appreciated. The Lyngdorf is actually winning comparisons when compared to NAD M10 and Naim Atom...

Tnx!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been drilling over the TDAI-1120. The rated power is more than enough.

Currently using a dac/preamp that has Room Perfect. A 12 year old product. 

The amplitude and phase adjustments implemented are limited. But the difference it makes is huge. Using a pair of LS II and a single big sub. 

You still have to get the levels close on the sub with mains. Using the sub out from the unit.

A dac this old is less than optimal. But the Room Perfect offsets this. 

I think Lyngdorf figured out Room Perfect a long time ago. Then he worked on his dac, then power amplifier design. Every step is unique. He is a partner in Purifi and Steinway.

The 1120 adds streaming and other up to date connectivity options.

On 5/15/2021 at 6:33 PM, Panelhead said:

I have been drilling over the TDAI-1120. The rated power is more than enough.

Currently using a dac/preamp that has Room Perfect. A 12 year old product. 

The amplitude and phase adjustments implemented are limited. But the difference it makes is huge. Using a pair of LS II and a single big sub. 

You still have to get the levels close on the sub with mains. Using the sub out from the unit.

A dac this old is less than optimal. But the Room Perfect offsets this. 

I think Lyngdorf figured out Room Perfect a long time ago. Then he worked on his dac, then power amplifier design. Every step is unique. He is a partner in Purifi and Steinway.

The 1120 adds streaming and other up to date connectivity options.

Tnx! Really like to hear someone who has one of the Lyngdorf amps with RP on a Klipsch.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Fasthenk65 I can't help you out in the Klipsch department. While I probably have 10+ pairs I'm using my Lyngdorf 1120 with a pair of non-Klipsch (Wharfedale EVO 4.1) bookshelfs. I'm 2+ weeks into owning the Lyngdorf and really like it. Killer soundstage and separation of instruments. For a 1-box solution I can't believe how great it sounds. I was a bit worried it might be underpowered. It is lacking nothing. With Room Perfect and the different voicing options I think you could make it shine in just about any room. Given the size, price and convenience it should be on the short list of anyone looking for a similar solution.