Set up

smallsmx3

Been messing around with speaker placement. My set up is:

Rp 504c

Rp8000f

SVS 1000pro

Denon 4400

The picture looks awkward but cell phones never really capture the moment. The towers are 8ft apart and 8ft from the listening area. They are also 2 feet away from the back and side walls. The sub and center channel are 14 inches away from the rear wall.

The room is a rectangle but the ceiling is shaped like a barn as it's above the garage. Meaning the center is 7 foot but the edges slope.

I've been trying to optimize the sound. Everything has always sounded great but my knowledge of placement is limited. I've been doing some research and I don't have the equipment to measure. Should I pull the center out more? I think the sub is good since it's ports are in the front.

I just moved things around and I have some wiggle room. Just wonder what recommendations anyone has . I guess I'm looking for the cleanest sound. d154d280fab944aba2e81985e35dd03e.jpg

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, smallsmx3 said:

The towers are 8ft apart and 8ft from the listening area. They are also 2 feet away from the back and side walls.

I would put them into the corners, and a few inches off the wall, cambered towards your fav chair, and see if you like it.

You can move them towards the TV and back to the corners for comparison.

Measure and manually set the receiver the distance to your chair for each speaker.

5 hours ago, smallsmx3 said:

The sub and center channel are 14 inches away from the rear wall.

fine ....

Does the Denon have an auto measurement and set up function ?

Parts express sells mics if you need one.

My two cents.

• Like 1

I have mics. I use audessy to auto cal and tweak it usually. I haven't been using it that much other than distance and setting levels. My speakers already have a flat response and sound good without the receiver trying to set anything.
Wouldn't putting them in the corners cause a bunch of unwanted reflections and make the bass boomy ?

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk