RP-600m vs Heresy II

cschaub

I have RP-600's and they sound really good. But I've always liked larger woofers, esp my old large Advents. It feels different. Considering a used pair of Heresy II to replace them, all original. Mostly classical and Jazz with classic/prog rock. Thoughts? What about banana plugs, did the Heresy IIs have them? Ok, thx.

I can compare them to JBL L100/4311 pro models. Sound similar but cleaner and more efficient. They have nice binding posts (I think bananas will work on them, just never paid attention).

The Advents are little more laid back... been a loooong time since I've heard any.

10 hours ago, cschaub said:

I have RP-600's and they sound really good. But I've always liked larger woofers, esp my old large Advents. It feels different. Considering a used pair of Heresy II to replace them, all original. Mostly classical and Jazz with classic/prog rock. Thoughts? What about banana plugs, did the Heresy IIs have them? Ok, thx.

I think you will find the Heritage speakers have a different voicing

I prefer it to almost anything

If you pay a fair price, you can sell them after a year if you don't like them

You will probably keep them

• Like 1