Promedia 2.1 v1 Sub, v2 Control Pod

I recently picked up a klipsch promedia 2.1 subwoofer at a thrift store. This sub is the older style with the PS/2 aka 6pin mini DIN, I also managed to snag a pair of promedia 2.1 satalite speakers. The issue is that the control pod with the 2.1 satallite speakers is v2 which uses a DB9 cable for the preamp input. I looked at the diagrams for the 2.1 system and I think the DB9 version doesn't actually use all 9 pins. I think I could use an adapter to connect the control pod to the sub, but I'm not 100% sure and don't want to fry my speakers. The pins seem to only use L Pod, R Pod, Sub, - V, +V, and NC. I could theoritcally wire and solder my own connections but I'd rather not do that. Would it be possible to use a DB9 to PS/2 adapter safely? I can't seem to find any adapters that show how they pair up the pins. Has anyone had any luck with this, or knows if it's even possible to use the v2 control pod with the v1 sub?