Help! Moving and Klipsch Customer Service Refuses to Answer Phone or E-mails

Mr3dfx

Well...this is my last ditch effort to reach out to Klipsch. I have several speakers (2 x Heresy III, RC-35, RSW-10d, 2 x OMD-15). I'm going to be moving, so I reached out to CS over two weeks ago (twice via e-mail, multiple times over the phone all with 50+min wait times with no answer). One of my tickets was even mysteriously closed without notes from Klipsch... I would like to purchase boxes and packing materials so I can move my equipment without damage...but why has no-one at Klipsch answered the phone or e-mails?! 

Can anyone help or give advice on packing these beasts since Klipsch does not appear to be available...

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

1 hour ago, Mr3dfx said:

Well...this is my last ditch effort to reach out to Klipsch. I have several speakers (2 x Heresy III, RC-35, RSW-10d, 2 x OMD-15). I'm going to be moving, so I reached out to CS over two weeks ago (twice via e-mail, multiple times over the phone all with 50+min wait times with no answer). One of my tickets was even mysteriously closed without notes from Klipsch... I would like to purchase boxes and packing materials so I can move my equipment without damage...but why has no-one at Klipsch answered the phone or e-mails?! 

Can anyone help or give advice on packing these beasts since Klipsch does not appear to be available...

you can buy Boxes of very thick cardboard from UHAUL and any Moving cie -----we are talking ,,,,,,,,THICK ----------kLIPSCH are very busy these days with questions of warranty and support for new speakers ----we are talking backlogged for months ------not weeks ----and staff is quite minimal , since everybody works remptely

Yea, a decent number of manufacturers will allow you to purchase said materials, they want their stuff to survive the move and help build brand loyalty (at a cost to the consumer of course), as these are the best way to package and ship. I'm ok with getting a 'no, we don't do that' answer...but a complete non-response is rather revealing. I have already purchased several large boxes and a TON of bubble wrap and foam strips...but ideally I was hoping Klipsch would be more responsive. 

Thanks to those who have responded already!

• Like 1

I had one of my friends, who is a 25+ year Klipsch dealer, call customer service the other day to ask about a couple of parts and he was put on hold for 40 minutes.  He got tired of waiting and hung up as nothing asked if he wanted to leave a message.  It's sad that a dealer for their products can't even get in touch with them on the secret bat line.  

Just now, avguytx said:

I had one of my friends, who is a 25+ year Klipsch dealer, call customer service the other day to ask about a couple of parts and he was put on hold for 40 minutes.  He got tired of waiting and hung up as nothing asked if he wanted to leave a message.  It's sad that a dealer for their products can't even get in touch with them on the secret bat line.  

-eeesh...

Sounds like they need some help, and are having scaling issues...shame too...

Just in case anyone else encounters this, I finally heard back form Klipsch. 

They do not have any packing materials in inventory. Which means they can't send any, nor do they have the ability to get any...

This is a shame, I'm totally willing to pay for these pieces.
Welp...I'll just cross my fingers and hope my packing skillz can keep the speakers safe 🤞, I'm hoping to blast some Journey on moving day, not make a call to customer service for repairs...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mr3dfx said:

I'm totally willing to pay for these pieces.
Welp...I'll just cross my fingers and hope my packing skillz can keep the speakers safe

Get some EPS foam sheets from a hardware store and cut to fit and tape at least one layer around the speakers. Bubble wrap will not adequately protect the speakers corners.

• Like 1

In regards to companies just having boxes sitting around for someone to purchase....that rarely ever happens.  McIntosh will sell you boxes to pack their gear for shipping and some can run you $100 per box, or more, plus shipping to you.  Of course, their gear is quite heavy.  In the almost 10 years I was a manufacturers rep for 20 home a/v lines, none of them had boxes to sell.  That would be up to a consumer to keep those for future use primarily, if they were included.  Otherwise, they sell 4x8 sheets of 1" polystyrene at Lowes and HD and sometimes HD has 2"  thick stuff.  I used that for ripping 4x8 sheets of wood with a circular saw on the ground.

• 5 weeks later...

I moved frequently over the first 20 years of marriage. I had the original boxes my JBL 4311s came in (about the same size as Heresy speakers). Finally decided to get rid of all the boxes. Didn't move for 12 more years... pretty long for us. But I always carried the stereo gear in my own vehicle. It was set up first in new digs so we had music to move in and unpack.

The audio gear and musical instruments ALWAYS went with me...

• Like 2

At shipping store I've had speakers double boxed. Second larger box is lined and ends sprayed with expanding foam. It creates form fitting foam around inner box ends and corners.

You could DIY if desired.

Edited by Subway

On 5/4/2021 at 10:19 AM, Mr3dfx said:

Everything on your list should be easy to box

Is a mover taking them

or are you moving yourself?

Any shipping store can box them for you $100 total?

I think one of the best pieces of moving advice I have seen for speakers is this:  Take a piece of wire and short it across the two input terminals for each of the drivers.  This effectively turns the speaker into a motor, and the coil will not move due to the resistance.  Especially on the woofer.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 5/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, Mr3dfx said:

Yea, a decent number of manufacturers will allow you to purchase said materials, they want their stuff to survive the move and help build brand loyalty (at a cost to the consumer of course), as these are the best way to package and ship. I'm ok with getting a 'no, we don't do that' answer...but a complete non-response is rather revealing. I have already purchased several large boxes and a TON of bubble wrap and foam strips...but ideally I was hoping Klipsch would be more responsive. 

Thanks to those who have responded already!

Did they survive the trip alright?