EdgarHorn Titans.

Shiva

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Sent an Email to make a Listening appointment. If I don't end up buying them, I can certainly verify their quality for those interested.

Excellent!  Yes, Listening impressions welcomed.

25 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Excellent!  Yes, Listening impressions welcomed.

Sold. I beat out some guy from CA. Listening impressions incomplete because of a hurriedly cobbled crossover in addition to a plate amp, but confirming all drivers work. I will design both a passive and an active network using a Yamaha 2060. I'll also add a DaveA LMAHL super tweeter. Only then will I judge the sound. I've always wanted a "salad bowl" and a STRAIGHT AXIS Midbass horn. I may sell off the Seismic Sub, as I have too many subs already, but it's too soon to tell. 107 db/W sensitivity is hard to beat. He had Conrad Johnson tube amps so even though the balance was off, he had them in a large quiet room and they were good enough, even if incomplete.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Sold. I beat out some guy from CA. Listening impressions incomplete because of a hurriedly cobbled crossover, but confirming all drivers work. I will design both a passive and an active network using a Yamaha 2060. I'll also add a DaveA LMAHL super tweeter. Only then will I judge the sound. I've always wanted a "salad bowl" and a STRAIGHT AXIS Midbass horn. I may sell off the Seismic Sub, as I have too many subs already, but it's too soon to tell.

I got my popcorn ready Claude....these look very interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rockhound said:

I got my popcorn ready Claude....these look very interesting.

Well I'm sure my curiosity about those will be satisfied! Now I need to buy another house to put them in! LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Well I'm sure my curiosity about those will be satisfied! Now I need to buy another house to put them in! LOL.

So, did you load them yet, and if so, how and in what?

21 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

congrats Claude , you bought these in less than 1/2 an hour , but I guess you must be living  a few minutes away  --what did you do , Fly ?

@ClaudeJ1 if the pictures I saw of your "listening zone" a couple years ago are a clue.....

Let me know this autumn if you need to thin the herd any, sure I'll have some kind of a hauler by then!

Congrats are in order, those are showpieces even compared to those audacious horn speakers from NY!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Sold. I beat out some guy from CA. Listening impressions incomplete because of a hurriedly cobbled crossover in addition to a plate amp, but confirming all drivers work. I will design both a passive and an active network using a Yamaha 2060. I'll also add a DaveA LMAHL super tweeter. Only then will I judge the sound. I've always wanted a "salad bowl" and a STRAIGHT AXIS Midbass horn. I may sell off the Seismic Sub, as I have too many subs already, but it's too soon to tell. 107 db/W sensitivity is hard to beat. He had Conrad Johnson tube amps so even though the balance was off, he had them in a large quiet room and they were good enough, even if incomplete.

I great new owner for these.  You have knowledge and passion for horns and are the perfect owner.  Congrats.  Start a thread and keep us posted. 

• Like 1