Bluetooth for Grandfather's Speakers

About a year and a half ago my grandfather passed. I recently moved into the house and got his speaker system hooked up. I know nothing about speakers, or systems. 

He had some old Klipschorns (1979 I believe), and McIntosh amp/control. I looked all the stuff up on the internet (which is how I found this forum) and it seems to be a pretty nice set up, one I'd rather not ruin. 

I'm comfortable using the CD and record players through the speakers because they were already there. However, I have an AV bluetooth adapter (Esinkin) hooked up which I added to the mix. If I'm playing my iPhone through these speakers what are the odds I do something dumb and blow them up?

image.png.a31a1363d808e9121792268bc1f591c6.pngimage.png.ab76794f496ea35531cb35b9d32b2e3f.pngimage.png.ae88819572298d926033c85b742243f7.png

Edited by RAllen
  • Like 1

Sorry about the passing of your grandfather. 

Glad to hear you are keeping and wanting to take good care of what you inherited!  

With the bluetooth connection, just to be on the safe side, I would turn the volume down all the way on your phone before you start listening, then gradually raise it to the volume level you want to listen at. 

As long as you're not hearing any distortion you won't be damaging anything. 

• Like 1