Are these speaker cables safe for in-wall usage?

Jones

Hi all, 

I have a pair of R-51 PM speakers. They are the powered ones. They came with speaker cables that are wrapped in a black plastic like material. I can't see anywhere in the manual or on the cable itself if they are CL rated. There is some very fine print on the cable, but I don't see anything about CL rating? Are they CL rated? Can they be used inside a wall and meet code while blocking interference? I wanted to attach a picture, but it looks like they have changed how to do that and I'm not sure how to get a URL for my pic. Here is a link where you can find a picture of the cable included with the speakers. https://www.kronosav.com/products/klipsch-r-51pm-active-speakers# Thanks for any feedback. 

Edit: I think this pic may work...

J

PXL_20210506_125808057.jpg

If you have any doubt about the cables, I would consider contact with the manufacturer, Klipsch, and a low voltage licensed professional.

You will see that cables of all sorts are run in walls and ceilings every day and even Sunday.

Welcome to the forum @Jones !

CL3
A CL3 rating is very similar to CL2 in the respects that they are both usable in wall, and are both resistant to holding and carrying flames.  The main difference between the two is the wattage that a CL3 rated cable can carry.  While CL2 cables can carry a surge of up to 150 watts, and CL3 can carry twice that at 300 watts.  A CL3 rated cable can take the place of any CL3, however, a CL2 cannot take the place of a CL3. 

94642M502.jpg

https://www.menards.com/main/electrical/electronics/audio-video-home-networking/audio-video-cables/southwire-14-gauge-500-speaker-cable/56911845/p-1480576755691-c-6297.htm?tid=-152454997254425477&ipos=8

• Like 1