VOXX in the news:

billybob

3 minutes ago, joessportster said:

I could not care less about your system, I wont despair at all I promise............................

Whole point is I wont allow anyone but me to choose an amp for my system

Good Night all🙂

let me leave you with a Teaser

• Moderators
On 5/8/2021 at 11:18 AM, RandyH000 said:

high -end Manufacturers usually offer 2 types of speakers    powered , or non powered ---

PWK designed Powered Lascala Speakers before any other brand of Speakers did

La Scala with built-in amp and damage questions - General Klipsch Info -  The Klipsch Audio Community

What about an option? Powered, passive, and an optional DSP unit with time alignment, eq. and phase correction?

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 5/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, RandyH000 said:

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SPEAKERS:

Active speakers have an in-built power amplifier and just need a power source (or battery) to operate, where passive speakers require an external power amplifier to operate

Ok this statement is true...........

IF your talking about the speaker in general, if your talking about the crossover this statement is not true.

When talking about the Jubilee and they say active they are talking about the crossover not the whole speaker.

This is not the generic "powered" thing you read about  in a general conversation. This "active is referring to the crossover only not the whole speaker. 

Big difference,  two totally different designs.

They can be combined together yes, but that's not what was discussed in this thread.

DO NOT CONFUSE THE TWO, TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. 

And there is no reason to call anyone names, it's not middle school.

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

What about an option? Powered, passive, and an optional DSP unit with time alignment, eq. and phase correction?

Think it would still come down to different strokes for different folks. The younger generation may be an adapter early, depending on size.

It would need all the quirks completely worked out with reliable good reputation.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, billybob said:

Klipsch and Paul Jacob's had a very busy summer. They also are doing something with TEAC.

https://www.klipsch.com/news/klipsch-group-announces-global-realignment-and-brand-expansion

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dtel said:

Ok this statement is true...........

IF your talking about the speaker

let's re-confirm -----THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SPEAKERS

• Moderators

Paul Jacobs remains President and CEO of the Premium Audio Company, LLC subsidiary. Mr. Jacobs added, “Klipsch remains our flagship brand within our premium audio portfolio and we are expecting significant growth this year with new products coming to market and our expanded distribution. We will also be bringing to the Americas some of our international brands while offering our customers and consumers a much wider assortment of high-end premium audio products. We look forward to the coming year and building our business through innovation.”

As announced on July 30, 2020, Klipsch and Onkyo & Pioneer Corporation expanded their alliance to include the distribution of Onkyo, Pioneer, Pioneer Elite, and the Integra brands in the Americas. The distribution will run through a newly created subsidiary, 11 Trading Company, LLC, and will include products ranging from AV receivers to HiFi equipment, mini-systems, smart speakers, turntables, sound bars, home theater systems, optical disc players and more, broadening the Company’s portfolio to include a diverse mix of audio products. Onkyo and Pioneer Corporation will continue to distribute Klipsch-branded products in Japan.

• Like 1

• Moderators

They got er done, exclusive distribution United States Distribution of TEAC. 

https://teac.jp/int/support/news/6521

Rob Standley is VP and GM, one very smart dude, and a Klipsch Heritage lover. He also has reel to reel, so maybe he can coax out a Limited Anniversary edition of the X-2000 R?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 11:18 AM, RandyH000 said:

high -end Manufacturers usually offer 2 types of speakers    powered , or non powered ---

PWK designed Powered Lascala Speakers before any other brand of Speakers did

La Scala with built-in amp and damage questions - General Klipsch Info -  The Klipsch Audio Community

OK do you have any documentation this is real in house Klipsch done? I am very interested in the mods here and would like to know more.

Well I noticed that Marvel chimed in with the real origin of the powered La Scala. Thanks Marvel. Please disregard my question.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

let's confirm -----THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SPEAKERS

Yes

An active speaker has an amplifier to power it and only needs a source. It has it's crossover passive or active depending on what the designer wanted, most of the time a passive crossover.

An active crossover needs a source and a amplifier. All the adjustments usually made by caps, and whatever parts used is done by the active crossover not in the speaker.

An active speaker with an active crossover only needs a source.

When a speaker has an active crossover it is a active digital crossover and not a crossover with capacitors and other parts like the average speaker. The active crossover is adjusting everything including time delay for different drivers. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave A said:

I noticed that Marvel chimed in with the real origin of the powered La Scala.

--imho , and I could be wrong ,  the origin of the Powered LS  was the HOPE Plant  , since  klipsch  added Attenuators to  the powered   LS  amps ---

@HDBRbuilder  or @JRH  could answer this one . more accurately

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

let's re-confirm -----THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SPEAKERS

Part of the problem is how much people know about different speaker designs, or don't know. :lol:

For the average person the statement "Active and Passive speaker" would mean powered or not. This is the average thought if you did not know about active crossovers.

The confusing part is some may take the word passive as not powered, and active as powered. On a simple design ok, on a speaker more advanced it's not the case at all. 

For anyone who has used speakers that are active crossovers would never confuse the two, and would probably never buy a powered speaker.

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Part of the problem is how much people know about different speaker designs, or don't know. :lol:

the Klipsch Heritage  active speakers showcased for CES 2017  were from the bookshelf to Heresy and Cornwall size speakers  , Bi-Amplified , Optical Digital  , Phono Preamp , Bluetooth connectivity , USB DAC  , software updates via WIFI   or USB dongle 

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Bullzeye -- some clients would prefer to Pay More for a Powered Heritage Active speaker to do away with the expenses related to , external amplifiers , preamps  , DAC , PHONO PREAMP , wiring and cabling , passive crossovers , DSP etc -

others would prefer the  passive speaker option  with a passive crossover or with an active crossover  , so yes , Options are ideal to suit various Clients  -