Broken horn. Ever seen this happen? KLF 30.

I had the right timing today at the thrift store. They just put out a set of KLF 30 on the floor. But when I pulled the grills there was no driver in the mid range of one of them. They handed me a screwdriver to pull a woofer and the mid range was laying the bottom of the cabinet still connected, which is better than missing. Betting it was a moving accident.

It's been a month of Klipsch. Found the Chorus II, then last week I found some KG1 for $60. Today, these. Haven't tried them out yet. 

IMG_5156 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5157 (Medium).JPG

Edited by tickertape
  • Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, tickertape said:

Betting it was a moving accident.

Welcome

I would bet your bet is correct. :lol: Dropped or something similar to cause the weight of the magnet to break off the horn. 

• Like 2

I'm not surprised. And with the weight of the magnet hanging off the back...

A replacement horn body is needed.

Until then, something to suspend the weight of the magnet would be helpful, after gluing and even a banding clamp around the outside...

Ok. Good thinking. This weekend I'll power them up to make sure them work.

I think I'm going to screw through the ring too, the top side for certain. If I can find a tight fitting sleeve to slide over the ring, that'd be great.

Customer Service is so far behind right now I'm sure it'll take a few months to get a part.

Just use some kind of epoxy to hold the two pieces together.  Then, go get a fiberglass repair kit where it comes with the fiberglass matting, the resin and activator.  Watch a video on how to do fiberglass repair.  It'll never come undone again in that spot.

Something like this....

https://www.amazon.com/Bondo-420-Fiberglass-Repair-4-5d-1/dp/B000BO9NOO

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bondo-Fiberglass-Resin-Repair-Kit-00420-0-45-Pint/17056867

Also check with auto parts stores, Lowes, HD, Ace Hardware, any boating supply shop, etc.  Lots of places stock this.

• Like 3