KLF 30 mid horn body needed.

tickertape

I hope you find a new horn. They can be tough to find sometimes. You could try mitre bond. I have used it for lots of things. It is really strong. Take the driver off and try it. Actually you may be able to leave the driver on and use it as weight. Mitre bond sets up in about 15 seconds so make sure you are aligned. https://www.amazon.ca/MitreBond-Aerosol-Activator-Superglue-Adhesive/dp/B01HR340QW . Good luck!

• Like 1

Is it fixable, hard to tell from pic? Exopy and hard plastic strips from sides of speaker mount to horn body epoxy in?

If. you take horn off is there a lip? Maybe drill four small holes glue and screw together or glue in four dowel pins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jay L said:

Permatex Plastic Bonder 2 part epoxy should fix you up, just let it cure for 24 hours.

Interesting ... I find Permatex Plastic Welder, which is a 2-part epoxy, and Permatex Plastic Bonder, which appears to be a cyanoacrylate activator. Both products are new to me. Anybody have experience with either? I don't have a broken KLF 30, but this might be good general info.

• Like 1

Interesting ... I find Permatex Plastic Welder, which is a 2-part epoxy, and Permatex Plastic Bonder, which appears to be a cyanoacrylate activator. Both products are new to me. Anybody have experience with either? I don't have a broken KLF 30, but this might be good general info.
You are correct, I used the wrong wording. The correct product to use should be Plastic Welder.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, tickertape said:

Still would prefer a replacement horn body. Just need the body, not the driver. Projects are piled high right now.

Regular superglue would probably hold you over until you can find a horn very simple repair just leave the driver attached and use for weight just be sure to clean off any extra glue that may run down inside the horn while its still fresh should tack up pretty quick and ready to use in a few hours.

• Like 1

If you glue it I would recommend installing a cross brace from the sides under the driver magnet and leave a gap and fill it with a stiff foam rubber brace to keep some or all of the drive weight off the broken joint.  1" x 3/4" cross brace a little narrower that inside cab dimension with two screw block on each side into cabinet and one bole with wing nut to secure brace.

• Like 1