Space X Star Link

richieb

Not often is anything timed just right, even with a plan in place. We live out from city lights and the stars are extremely bright and a full moon casts a lot of light. So last night I was outside, not a cloud around and clear as a bell, looked at the stars and see this continuing line of bright lights passing directly overhead. It was like a parade of clearly defined light points all in a perfect line one behind the other. Probably lasted a minute or so, cooler than shite. Google tells me it was the Star Link internet satellites yet to disperse into their own orbit. 

• Like 2

More going up. Read an article about their satellite constellation yesterday. They will be improving latency as well as coverage. It has been coming for awhile. Still in Beta...

Sure beats zero coverage...

Edited by billybob

Cool.

$$ to get in is what I saw about it a while back. Looking to be way outside the metro area myself soon. If it can deliver what it's theorized to do that's good. Options are always nice.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 4:58 PM, richieb said:

Probably lasted a minute or so, cooler than shite. Google tells me it was the Star Link internet satellites yet to disperse into their own orbit.

because I live in an astronomically oriented area, they were telling when and where to look for this on the weather forecast. Since we don't have clouds, they have to report something. We get time and direction to see the ISS flyovers, too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of att & spec um shutting down Google Fiber two blocks north of this house recently.

Seriously less than 400 feet away they could get it. att at least is almost a gig, enough for the pc, Roku, stereo streamer, thermostat and my phone calls.

• Sad 1