KG 3.5 parts ?

Hidalgo

New family member here. Just bought my second set of Klipsch speakers. The first ones I bought a pair of Chorus II for a buddy. 

I just bought a pair of KG 3.5 for myself as a starter set. The board in the attached picture is broken. Where do I go to buy a new one? Would it be cost prohibitive to buy a new part? so far, I have less than $100 in this pair.

182433468_1163936927418611_1574041439146472126_n.jpg

Welcome to the forum! I asume "broken" as not working anymore. Have You checked eBay? Often parts turn up there. If You are handy with electronic repairs, just try to bridge broken conductor traces on your board.

You can also look at the sales section of this forum, maybe a member is selling the part You need.

4 hours ago, Hidalgo said:

broken as in the board is broken into 3 pieces. I'm not sure how that could happen

is it just cracked or do the cracks go into a trace or component?  if its just cracked like i see in the pic around a screw or edge but still works it doesnt need to be replaced, just use some epoxy like JB weld on the cracks to keep from vibrating & call it good... unless you want to replace the caps or whole crossover from crites that will cost as much or more than you have into the speakers. 

• Like 1

Thank you for all the replies. I bought a used crossover (looks new) on ebay for $30. Speakers sound great to my unrefined ear. I now have about $125 in them. I may sell them and upgrade to bigger and better Klipsch now that my metal friend Rodney has got me down this rabbit hole. I am attaching pics of the old crossover for the reply from EpicKlipschFan. I have no idea how a crossover could get broke like that.

Thanks again folks

185220428_318906309746203_7646608729565222978_n.jpg

183181308_805644273411507_3679975494737320951_n.jpg

• Like 2

yeah thats quite a bit worse than the 1st pics showed, looks like its cracked in half right down the middle going in between components... a replacement for $30 worked out perfect, keep the broken one for parts. 

KG 3.0 were my first set.  I loved those speakers!  I had to change a crossover in one of those and found one on eBay as well.
I wouldn't add Crites if they are sounding good.  Too much $$ for that level of speaker IMO.  
I've since graduated to Heresy I's (on my 3rd pair) and Cornwall II's.

Enjoy your trip down the rabbit hole!

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, CCG said:

Hi,

Thread resurrection in the KG-3.5 crossover. I was wondering of anyone has a list of the caps value so I can by the parts to rebuild it.

Thank you in advance.

CCG

Welcome to the Forum @CCG  of course , here is what you´re looking for

402267701_X-overKM4KG3.5kleiner.jpg.23c07cf8141e1650dcb195249deef76d.jpg

15 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@CCG  if you want more than changing the caps only at the KG 3.5 please have a look at this thread ! And it´s not said that you need to replace the caps, but you can read that in the attached thread as well .

Thanks for the follow-up and I ordered the parts already. No modification yet but I just don't want the capacitors to fail and eventually blow up my tweeters. However I found another situation. The horn tweeter body is beginning to crack. I just glued it temporarily but I want to replace it very soon. I want to get wooden body if there's any availability. I love these speakers. It just needs some TLC and a bit of electronic update and it will sound gorgeous. I have the new R-610F single 6.5 inch medium tower. I made a very small modification and it sounds like a dream in my 300b amp. I wish I had a single 8 inch tower for my other amp, that's why I bought the KG-3.5. Please share what you guy have modified so far. Thanks.

Here is a recent video of the KG3.5 stock running a moderate 10 watts of power.

SAM_7669.JPG

Edited by CCG

15 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Welcome to the Forum @CCG  of course , here is what you´re looking for

402267701_X-overKM4KG3.5kleiner.jpg.23c07cf8141e1650dcb195249deef76d.jpg

Hi.. okay and great to be here with the warmth welcome. thank you for posting. Now I got the list.😊

Crossover parts (for each) speaker cabinet:

1-4uf 100v polyester capacitor
1-8uf 100v polyester capacitor
1-24uf 100v bipolar radial electrolytic capacitor
1-3 ohm 5 watt wire wound white square