The price of hi quality audio

very much so , if you have the equivalent speakers -------a 2021 75th Jubilee is worth  35,000$    , 10k$ for a brand new amplifier would be  average  if not on the low side

34 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

very much so , if you have the equivalent speakers -------a 2021 75th Jubilee is worth  35,000$    , 10k$ for a brand new amplifier would be  average  if not on the low side

It is only worth $35K, if someone is willing to pay 35K. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

It is only worth $35K, if someone is willing to pay 35K. 

That is what my father used to say, only worth what someone is willing to pay.    I have a pair of Cornscala i just built and a pair of SuperHeresy that i would like to pair with a better amp than i currently have.  I have 2 chinese amps that have done me well, but looking for more life like sound now.    My Audcom is a 25/ch with JJ KT77 in it and the Douk  is a KT88 12/ch amp with Gold Lion output tubes.  Both sound very nice, but looking for more.   I have some interest in the Cary SLI-80 and the Ayon spirit 3.   Both in the thousands, but i have not read many good reviews on the Cary.   

• Like 1

As you know a lot of great amps out there. One of my amps is a Will Vincent ST70 IMHO it will bring your speakers up about 4 notches, Clean highs no harshness Huge mids with excellent deep Bass.  I can listen for hours on end.

Just my two cents

Rich

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rmlowz said:

As you know a lot of great amps out there. One of my amps is a Will Vincent ST70 IMHO it will bring your speakers up about 4 notches, Clean highs no harshness Huge mids with excellent deep Bass.  I can listen for hours on end.

Just my two cents

Rich

This will not be a popular opinion, but ......

If you want to bring your speakers up by 4 notches, then .....

do not buy a new amplifier ...... buy better speakers. 

The differences will be astounding, especially if you spend some effort on speaker placement (toe-in, spacing, distance for the walls, listener location etc)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I like a holistic approach to improving sound enjoyment. Better speakers, better amplification, better turntable, better DAC, better streamer/ source etc. It all adds up and can be fun as you systematically improve your audio setup over time. It seems it takes some time to know the sound that turns ones mind on.

• Like 6

Just now, mopardave said:

$6000.00, but i noticed it is not in the line up on their site.  Maybe discontinued?

there are a Few used units in Europe , these amps seem to be popular is Germany -Poland

51 minutes ago, Fido said:

I like a holistic approach to improving sound enjoyment. Better speakers, better amplification, better turntable, better DAC, better streamer/ source etc. It all adds up and can be fun as you systematically improve your audio setup over time. It seems it takes some time to know the sound that turns ones mind on.

Do you think a $54,000.00 amp would sound better than $10,000.00 amp or even a $30,000.00 amp?    I would never spend that kind of money on an amp, but under $4000.00 i might.   I'm thinking this expensive amp thing may be just like the $20,000.00 silver cables.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Do you think a $54,000.00 amp would sound better than $10,000.00 amp or even a $30,000.00 amp?    I would never spend that kind of money on an amp, but under $4000.00 i might.   I'm thinking this expensive amp thing may be just like the $20,000.00 silver cables.

I have auditioned quite a few very expensive Class A amps ---------the best are made by Classe in Montreal Quebec , Canada

• Like 2

What Tom said. Buy better loudspeakers. The amplifier merry-go-round will make you nuts. Not saying all amps sound the same, because they don’t - but diminishing returns for sure. 

I’ve owned more amps than I can remember. I can’t say enough good things about the Cambridge Audio CXA-81 I’m using. They run $1500. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mopardave said:

Allnic has something that costs $54,000 and Ayon $10,000, Cary $3000+.   Are these amps really worth that kind of money?    

I would use McIntosh as a benchmark

They do everything in house.

They sell via distributors.

if an equivalent costs more, Why ?

Cary, yes

Ayon, yes

Allnic, no